View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #30
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical View Post
Ha, ha, I'd suggest you stayed away for a few months at least!

With IE, patience and consistency is the key. It must work for you and you must give it time.

I would guess that after switching to diet-free, I put on at least 10lbs (no weighing but clothes were tight and I had to switch sizes for some clothes), which was considerable given that I had not much to lose in the first place. It probably took one year to lose that 10lbs again, all the time fine-tuning my way of eating and what worked for me and what did not.
Patience and consistency. That's difficult to do with summer coming so soon, but I have no intention of going back on a diet. But it's an urge I do have to resist, the come-monday-morning-i'm-throwing-everything-away thoughts are hard to control.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote