View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #70
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday - Clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time (ex AZ)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Another new gym class, CREDIT moi - Pure Muscle Tone - demonstrated yet more muscles in need of attention. Ouch, but I kept up for the most part. I got busted when, supposed to be holding my left foot off the ground, I copied one of the better students who made it easier by propping it atop the right. Class stopped, "No double decking!" - the leader even had a word for that cheat. He seemed to enjoy pushing us where we'd feel it.

Attended a wedding of two octogenarians - my first time to see folks of that age marrying. They'd met only a year ago. "At our age, there's no time to dawdle." I didn't suffer my normal patronizing feelings that the young folks would be better off waiting a bit to see if they were really compatible. I dreaded the reception since it occurred midafternoon - too late to make it lunch and too early to make it dinner. There were buffet tables with small plates and no chairs - the optimum situation for me to over eat. After over thinking the problem ad nauseam, I allocated my planned afternoon snack. I had exactly 1.0 plate of 2 strawberries, a few cracker-sized slices of smoked salmon, and a tablespoon of humus. CREDIT moi, CREDIT moi, CREDIT moi. It worked because I spent the first minutes chatting with friends and examining the whole room of offerings before convincing myself that, however homemade and yummy it looked, I'd see those foods again. The hardest part was watching others digging in as if they hadn't eaten all day. When I become enlightened, I won't be moved by what other people do.

onebyone – Major Kudos for planning to handle your sister's visit well, and Major Kudos for doing that. Particularly for, "I DID NOT EAT OVER HER STRESS." That gallery visit sounds fun - glad you two are doing something for yourselves as well as working the difficult issue of long term planning for your mom.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Thanks for the link to your review of Your Food is Fooling. I immediately ordered it from the library since a review of Kessler's work is just what I need. I specifically need to be reminded that Doritos are designed for addiction; Big Food knows how my neurons are wired.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Good Grief! - the lady's even an electrician. You Alaskan women can do everything. Kudos for getting your hair cut despite being over busy.

Cheryl (seadwaters) – Can't do better than "planned and stayed with plan" - Kudos. [That Dirty Dozen list from the Environmental Working Group is what DW showed me last week when she finally pushed herself over the edge and decided we had to do more organic. I hate that apples and cukes are atop the list.]

ladym0208 – It's worthy of Super Kudos to not "give up or to beat myself up" and to recognize that it was Sabotaging Thoughts.

nationalparker –That's a lot of emotional stuff stacked on your plate at once: your father, your crazy busy work, your two pets, your body. Kudos for keeping your head above water including being able to plan for smaller dinners next week. Sending supportive thoughts for it all.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Know you won't read this until later since Arizona is happy being the only state ignoring Daylight Savings Time. Yep, Kudos for resisting popcorn when it's so close you can smell it.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

Discovering that you can tolerate cravings is one of the most important things you need to learn to lose weight and keep it off!

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 128.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month