South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Time Change Weekend - March 8 & 9

Woke at three this morning for some reason - perhaps because my clock stopped ticking. Maybe it was getting ready for the time change at 2 a.m. tomorrow morning. Anyhow, I never got back to sleep but am up, dressed in my jammies and ready to tackle the day.

First of all, thanks to you all for your support this horrible week. My darling Disney will never be forgotten by a lot of people. Jazz was feeling a bit bereft yesterday and kept looking for his big sister but Heather came over after work with a bottle of wine, some snacks and a dog for Jazz to play with. I was tempted to let him sleep with me last night but common sense prevailed.

Today I am going to tackle my fridge first. I have a lot of antique veggies in there that need to go into stock or be frozen to go into the compost which is over the mountains of snow beside the barn. I am having my "family" dinner this Friday, rather than Sunday which kind of throws me. I'm doing turkey and need to figure out how long it'll take the darn thing to thaw. I would have bought a pre-stuffed one for convenience but this 20 pounder was a freebie with coupons after Christmas. The other three women are doing veggies and dessert so it'll be an easy meal.

The dishwasher just stopped running so it's time to crank up the washer and dryer - cheaper electricity on weekends! I also have a Quilting Biddy's husband coming at 7:30 to drop off two quilts for binding so had better get out of the PJ's and look more respectable.

Enjoy the day (maybe a bit of melt?) and remember to change your clocks before you zzzz tonight.

Pop in and share a coffee before you start your weekend.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and sleeping Beachers Friends and chosen family sound like just the thing this weekend Ruth. How nice that Jazz had a visitor too.

It's a chore weekend around here. We had our fun day yesterday because it's Tim's work weekend. I've got a huge To Do list so while I would rather have two days together I will be very busy getting things done. Once I drop him at work I'll get my weekend list going.

I am becoming a fan of cauliflower crust pizza. I tried yet another recipe last night and am now doing my own modifications. It was a very sturdy crust and DH was able to eat his slices folded, no fork needed. It's such a simple Friday night meal - all the veggies we need are in the crust so one dish!

I am finally getting back into a regular exercise routine. This month I'm doing a squat challenge and getting some cardio in most days. If I can stick with it through the end of the month I should have my habit back! I need to remember how hard it is to re-establish a good habit so no slacking this time!

Ugh, time to get dressed and drive Tim to work. I am looking forward to light until 6 pm but not the dark in the mornings again.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. I know how much your heart hurts yet getting back into routine seems to always help. Kudos to you and continued hugs.

Cyndi, glad you have a new exercise plan in place. I like that we can keep trying new things. Happy chore weekend.

I am back over the hill. I was undecided as to when to travel since the interstate was closed both directions at a point yesterday due to the snow/accident combo. At 4:30 it looked like there was a break so I headed over. Very slow driving which was fine and I'm getting back in my groove. Work at 630 and chores before. DH stayed over which is nice for him and I can focus on getting some more stuff done.

I hope we're busy today. $$ is always nice.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

It's sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, Ruth, and I hope you have a good day. BTW, I'd start thawing that turkey in the fridge today, since it's so big. Has the sap starting running yet up there?

Cyndi, I'm a big fan of cauliflower crust pizza, too. Do you have a link for that sturdier crust recipe? A pizza crust that you can actually pick up would be perfect! Yes, I was just thinking as I was getting ready this morning with the sun starting to peek over the horizon that tomorrow I'll be getting up in the dark again. But I wouldn't trade that for the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day!

This headcold is making my life miserable, although I've been trying to ignore it and carry on as usual. I've been taking something so I can sleep at night, but this morning my head is pounding and I've woken up the entire household with my coughing. I should probably stay home today and baby myself under a blanket on the couch all day, but it's hard when I think of so many things I should be doing.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Good idea, Cottage. I may have to take out one of the crispers to fit it in but ... I've already run and emptied the dishwasher and done a load of doggie laundry. Now I'm waiting for my 7:30 quilt delivery. We are just at the freezing point and I may go out and tackle some of the ice on the side walk when he gets here. I have a pretty ugly back deck to tackle too - Disney could not go down the steps so ...

The sap doesn't start to run until the temps are a few degrees above freezing and in the day and a few degrees below at night. It travels up or down depending on the temps and that's the only time it flows. The guys are getting twitchy and are ready to tap - they'll need snowshoes in the woods to handle the snow.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chicks! Quick flyby as DH and I are off to pick up DS2.

Ruth, I love being able to thaw my turkeys in the attached garage during winter. It stays between 30-40* out there. Those big ones take up too much fridge space.

No sap here yet but Thursday morning was -18*. We did get a little warmth yesterday: a high of 41*!! Yeah!

I'm with the anti-DST people. If we have to turn the clocks I would rather do it in about 2 weeks when it won't make such a dark morning. Oh well, we are picking up a couple minutes at each end of the day right now.

Got to go! Have a good day all!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - Please keep us posted on your crust experiments; I never had success but would like to try again. Did you use goat cheese (per the recipe linked) in your last attempt?

I work the closing shift tonight. DH will be babysitting our youngest great-nephew and the little guy should be asleep here when I get home after work so I can appreciated him in all his sleeping-baby-cuteness.

Yesterday the scale had finally moved in the right direction and I responded with a major binge. Sigh. Ironically the scale was out of batteries today so I got a weigh-in reprieve.

Have a great weekend. I already changed my bedside clock!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Good morning.

Cyndi - Please keep us posted on your crust experiments; I never had success but would like to try again. Did you use goat cheese (per the recipe linked) in your last attempt? .
I did use the goat cheese because I love it It was a lazy experiment. I always cook the cauliflower in the microwave without adding water because it doesn't make sense to add water when I'm just going to squeeze it out. I was so lazy I added 1T of coconut flour, oregano, and garlic to the hot cauliflower to soak the extra moisture while it cooled instead of squeezing. I also used 1 egg and an extra white. I will probably leave the extra white out next time, it was a little eggier than I wanted. I tend to load a lot of fillings on my pizza so it's a challenge to make a crust that's sturdy enough to hold.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #9  

Happy Weekend Chicks!

Just lingering over coffee.

So glad Ruth mentioned Daylight Savings Time. I totally forgot about it & wouldn't that be embarrassing, late to everything tomorrow.

Ordinary weekend here, pouring wine this afternoon. May pop by a girlfriend's after to visit.

Cyndi...how long do you nuke that crust for? I'd like to try that sometime. My roomie & I like to make pizza but she usually makes a whole wheat crust in her bread machine which makes me feel kinda bloaty. Thanks

Hope everyone else enjoys their day.

Sue
Old 03-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

I microwave the cauliflower, not the crust. the crust baked for quite awhile before I put toppings on. I linked the recipe in the dinner thread
Old 03-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello,

Thought I would stop by while I wait for DS to get off work so he and his GF can go with me to the mall and to get groceries.

DD1 passed her final for nursing so she is on the next class whewhoo. They say all the hospitals want the nursing grads from this school because it is so tough. Only 1 or 2 out of each graduating class has not failed atleast one of their classes.

Went to Bingo with DD1 last evening I had not been in years. It was kinda of fun even though we didn't win anything

Ruth glad you are keeping occupied with routine.

Cyndi I really do not like cauliflower but you do make it sound so good.

Debbie hope you make lots of money today

Cottage I feel for you hopefully you will get better soon

Karen sleeping babies are the best

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It wasn't as hard to get up this morning as I thought, although I've been awake since 4.

I'm still nursing this headcold and don't plan to do much today, but I do have to get out and get some groceries and stop by Dad's for a brief visit.

It's gray and gloomy outside, so I want to get out early and get all my running done so I can spend the rest of the day snug at home.

Have a great Sunday, Chickies!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose congrats to DD!!

Cyndi I am definitely going to try making the crust

Linda feel better

Debbie slow down lol you always go non stop

Beth I too feel my day is too mundane to post at times.

Ruth, I am so sorry. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Another work week in the books. Leaving later today for a quick PA trip. Scored a great deal on the hotel through Price Line. We will be back Tuesday. Woke up early for a day off just to get a few things done. DS will sleep at his dad's but mind the furry ones while I am gone. Scale is kind because I am staying OP 90% of the time. Gotta run have a wonderful Sunday.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Keep losing my posts. Have a super Sunday!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got adequate rest and changed all the clocks in the house after my 1st cup of coffee. Now I'm sitting down to start on "the books" for my mom's company. I'm going to set an alarm each hour, note my progress and do 10 minutes of decluttering from the last project. Sounds like a fun Sunday lol.

Jennifer, I'd "love" to slow down and resume my normal life. It's why I keep going at it now. The rentals I spent 5 months on are my moms source of income which made do it later or slower not the greatest options. When I get the books finished I'll be free again to do my own thing. It's looking to be very close and I had such a wonderful 2 day break with my friends at the pool that I'm excited to get back to that groove. I'll leave again Wed. AM for 3 days over there. It's Spring over there...I can putter in the yard, etc.

everyone!

Happy Sunday!
Closed Thread