– DW has convinced me that one just oughta buy organic strawberries. Yesterday, organic cost $10 for four pounds and conventional cost $4; the conventional looked fresh and the organic looked picked over. So, I have four pounds of fresh-looking strawberries and four pounds of guilt for destroying the planet and my body. Oh Well. Eating was on plan and snacks none, CREDIT moi.
Walk, CREDIT moi, included a trip to the Institute of Contemporary Art
to see the 'sound suits' of Nick Cave. Exciting stuff. I'm pleased because my last trip there left me convinced that I'd never like modern art. It's just fun to dawdle around Boston's harbor - always an active place.
– Thought of you when the centerpiece of one room of the ICA was a three foot ceramic vase. Just splendid, with notes by the sculpture that it was totally non-functional - as was all her work. Let beauty reign!
– Ripping out a to-do list is a major head leap forward - Kudos. I've spent many a day with a list that included an item that properly falls in my solve world hunger
- You're a winner when you can post and when you can be aware of what you're doing. Kudos for both. May today be a good day.
– Kudos for coming to a clear path for using acupuncture. I appreciate the thought, "not pay for what amounts to a miracle."
Rachel (helping rachel)
– Neat reminder, "Beck's strategies work in many areas of life."
Hope all is going well with you.
- Wow! Half a cow is a lotta cow. Kudos for not believing in your own Sabotaging Thoughts.
- LOL at a two year old food pusher. Yep, Beck needs an extra chapter on the many compromise choices of mothering. Kudos for streaking.
day 13 Overcome Cravings
Today, you'll learn how to prove to yourself that you don't have to give in to cravings and eat to make them disappear. You can take control and make them go away. First, you'll collect information about your cravings so you can demonstrate this to yourself. Then you'll learn anti-craving techniques.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 128.