Thread: Fiber Counting?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #43
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/219/135

Height: 5'2'

Lilliann Sorry I missed congratulating you on your 14 lb loss. You are doing great.

Steelslady Thanks for the Beanitos site. I looked it up and it is sold several places here even my Walmart. I must have just missed them or they were out of them. I looked up the Kashi site and they don't sell the crisps here. I forgot to look up the okra chips. I will look that up too. The store we had that probably had it has sold out to Publix and I'm sure they will sell them but they aren't supposed to open until 2015. I will be going to Food Lion when I leave the beauty shop tomorrow to see if I can get them there. I hope they will have the okra chips too. DH and I drink okra water to help lower our fbs. Not sure it really works as the article I read said it can take up to 3 months. But okra is good for that as well.

I agree that eating fiber sure is better than eating low carb. The only thing I'm really having a problem getting use to is that I don't really have to worry about calories too much as I am eating a little more than usual, but then maybe that will balance out as I get use to eating this way.

My Calorie King book isn't fiber count; it is fat count. So I am using the fiber count on the labels and then using the counts for other things on MFP.

I've got my plan already loaded on MFP and the fiber count for today will be 35.

I'm trying to keep may fiber in 30 to 35 grams range for maybe a week or two and then gradually raise it 5 grams at a time for a few weeks at a time until I reach around 50 grams. This is the way my diabetic book says to do it that way. It recommends doing no less than 30 grams a day of fiber and recommends building up to 50 grams a day. However, I found it interesting too that it says that if you don't want to add so many carbs that you can add more protein. So I'll be working on making that decision and working it out as I progress. I'm going to re-read the book and will thoroughly enjoy doing it.

The book also recommend 3 meals and 3 snacks. I don't really get hungry for 3 snacks. I do more of a 3 meals and 1 snack. I like snacking at night so I make a snack of air popped popcorn at night and it is soooo nice to be able snack on something I really love and it is legal. You couldn't ask for anything better.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote