Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #43
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I think I mentioned how my husband sabatages me, like with the rice pilaf that was left over. He also like to make ramen noodles and always makes 2 pkgs even though he isn't going to eat it all. One day this week he was making one of those envelopes of noodles and sauce. He was going to add extra noodles but I told him not to because I didn't want any. He added them anyway, then when it was done he said "You're going to have to eat some of this because I made too much." I left it sit there in the pan until he finally threw it out. Now, yesterday I made a big pot of vegetable soup and he said he wanted a loaf of italian bread to eat with it. He ate 2 slices, and guess who gets to eat the rest, or throw it out? Bread is my big weakness! Maybe I will give it to my step daughter when I give her a few jars of soup. I know he doesn't want me to be fat. I don't know what his problem is.
Carol Sue My second husband used to do that with me. I never really understood why. Whatever I couldn't have on a diet was the very thing that he would decide he wanted to bring home to eat. When I was in OA and was on their strictest low carb diet they had (back then you couldn't eat off in any way), we couldn't have pizza which didn't matter to me because I didn't like it then or perhaps I had convinced myself that I didn't. Anyway, he would go buy pizza and bring it home even though he didn't care for it that much either. I never could figure out why he would do this. There was a theory in our little OA group that husbands who did this may have wanted us to lose weight, but because of their insecurity, they were afraid if we got thin that we would leave them. Not sure if that is it or not. I'm not sure if they know or not.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!