Old 03-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #496
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Bellamack:

I too am post-meno - I went in to premature ovarian failure at age 37 and I'm now 46. I do believe the HRT has a lot to do with the slow weight loss as I'm taking in extra hormones to get me through to age 50! I agree - a loss is a loss and to count those victories!
What do you think about not eating enough calories? Do you buy in to the theory that your body goes in to starvation and holds on to extra weight if you don't feed it enough? I think about those contestants on 'Survivor' who hardly eat for 37 days and end up coming home lighter. Doesn't make sense to me! I doubt that I'm eating more than a 1000 calories a day...
I had a total hysterectomy at about age 45 (I'm 51 now) and had been on HRT ever since. About the time I started IP I went off the HRT until a few months ago when I started having really severe hot flashes and night sweats. Back onto HRT I went. Because we store estrogen in our fat, losing weight first releases and then depletes those stores.

In my opinion, unless you are really, really active I think you'd have to go a lot less than 1000 calories a day before hitting "starvation mode".

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn