Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Forgiveness and Weight Loss; Grudge an Weight Gain.

Ever since I started seeing a therapist and now that I'm on antidepressants, I noticed a pattern of feeling better with people, especially those I used to hold a grudge against.
I remember instances that when I *only* think about my sister, whom I used to *hate* I would get angry at the mere thought of her. Now we are close again, we do things together etc. She is just ONE example on a long list. I'm a chief grudge holder and I wonder if the weight would be falling off this way if I were still keeping all that poisonous negativity in my body.
I know this whole topic is embedded in the emotional eating context, but I wanted to know if in your case too, becoming more forgiving (and forgetful) has contributed in making your emotional and physical weight lighter.
This is also my personal shout out to those who are where I used to be:
LET IT GO NOT BECAUSE PEOPLE DESERVE IT, BUT BECAUSE YOU NEED PEACE.
(THE PEACE YOU NEED IN ORDER TO LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HEALTHY).
Do not overlook the impact of that factor on your emotions and therefore your diet.

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 03-07-2014 at 05:19 AM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Amen.

Letting go of anger and envy make life so much better.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I feel like I was meant to read this. Struggling with backhanded comments made from others that I tend think about a lot and it puts me in a bad mood. Trying so hard to just let it go! Glad you're doing better with that and that you're relationship with sister is better.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #4  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by abetterme View Post
I feel like I was meant to read this. Struggling with backhanded comments made from others that I tend think about a lot and it puts me in a bad mood. Trying so hard to just let it go! Glad you're doing better with that and that you're relationship with sister is better.
I'm happy you felt touched! I hope you'll let go and feel better too!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

A work in progress.. I am actively trying so that's something One day it will be easy.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/146/140

Height: 5'2"

I definitely have had the same exact experience with forgiving and letting go of grudges with losing weight.
I think it was a symptom, an unexpected side result, of having to forgive myself first.
Learning to love myself, and forgive myself, allowed me to lose weight in the first place.
Probably, loving oneself is hardest. So, forgiving others is easier once you have that down. And also, I now realize that everyone is on their OWN journey of learning. For example, I hated my sister for compulsive lying among other things as a kid especially when she lied about me. Now, I realize (as a result of learning about myself) that this is HER lesson to learn in this lifetime and maybe in a future one it could be mine. Therefore I have empathy for her. Now, how can I hate her?
We are all learning to be human? Perhaps?
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #7  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

In the words of John Travolta's buddy "Adela Dazeem" (Idina Menzel)
Let it go... Let it GO...

Love that song!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote