View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #493
Bellamack

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
I'm also new to this site - and looking for an on-line group for support. I am following the concepts of IP without the purchase of the food. I have an underactive thyroid so find it extremely difficult to lose weight. I did great my first month on this new plan (Feb, 2014) and lost 8lbs and 7 inches. I'm only 5 feet tall and would like to lose 40-45lbs. I weighed today and was up 2lbs - totally deflated me but I know this plan is the only way I can lose the weight. I have tried many diets with only a small amount of weight lost, and then I lose interest and motivation. I am interested in hearing if anyone else has struggles with the IP protocol and hypothyroidism. Is it more of a slow process if you have thyroid issues? It seems other people I have read about are losing more each week than I am. May be it has to do with the amount I need to lose? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Runner68girl:
I too am a very slow loser, I am post-meno with hypothyroid. I think my meds need adjustment, I get bloodwork the first week in April. Even though I lose super slow on IP, at least I lose, which wasn't the case with other plans. I track everything on MFP and have a FitBit and I should have lost 3x what I did, so calories in does NOT = calories out. Hang in there

Last edited by Bellamack : 03-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.