Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #34
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/216.4/135

Height: 5'2'

I thought I posted this morning before we left. This one will be more of a flyby.

Carol Sue Thanks for the link. DH and I went to Aldi and I got some beans. One of the diabetic books that pushes fiber has a recipe for making refried beans and then a dip. It calls for pink beans, but I'm going to use the black beans and Aldi's equivalent of Rotel tomatoes to make the dip.

I love beans and DH will eat some beans and we will be adding them to our food plan. He finally decided today to bring his stationary bike in from the garage to start exercising on. His has the handlebars that move. I don't like that + we never could get the seat adjusted so that it would not hurt me. I have a recumbent bike our bedroom and I use weights to exercise my arms like I learned to do when doing Walk Away the Pounds. It really is nice to see him starting to take interest in his health. I feel like we are finally on the same page working on our health together.

I was able to get my fiber count between 37 to 40 grams yesterday and I was surprised to see that my FBS was 118 mg this morning. Definitely a plus for eating fiber. My weight was up .8 lb, but that is no surprise with eating the fiber.

Fatmad, Rennie, Ruthie and others

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!