View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #21
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Terrific Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It is going to be a day in the 50˚s this day and not a chance of rain or snow. Daylight savings time is coming soon so spring is getting nearer for sure.

Will broke a tooth awhile back and his dentist appointment today they had a consultation on what can be done about it. It is an important tooth for it supports a bridge so they are going to build up that tooth which had broken off at the gum line. It will take 4 months for it to be strong enough to adhere to the existing part of the tooth and to do its job as anchor. Will was told that he will have to be eating soft foods during that time. I am already thinking of what I can fix and have thought of quite a few things that he will like. I know I will be making a lot of protein packed smoothies and there are those diet drinks, chili beans and chicken noodle soup for he does want to lose weight. I know he will miss his steaks and pork chops. HELP ~ Any soft recipes from you gals will be appreciated. We won’t be getting out on the road as soon as we had planned but this is important and needs to be taken care of before we leave here. I remember when our daughter had her jaw wired shut after that accident she was so tired of meal replacement milk shakes and wanted a burrito so I got a beef and cheese burrito & with some tomato soup and put it in the blender and she loved it. I don’t think Will will want a blender burrito. But he might want a burrito if the meat was cut up in tiny pieces. This will be an adventure.

I am going to ask this manager of the local Walmart if he can order me some Snows Clam Chowder. I have some by Campbell but it just isn’t as good in my opinion. I know they carry it in other Walmarts here in the state so he should be able to get it wouldn’t you think. If it comes to it I just may have to order a case of 12 cans if the local manager can’t get it for me. But I bet he can since other stores have it in the state. The best ever that I have had is at a fish restaurant in an old wash warehouse halfway between Ventura and Santa Barbara along the Pacific Coast in CA. The Whales Tale out in Ventura also has some that is really good. Snows is the best in the canned version here in the Heartland. The best ever cheeseburger is made in a little hut in Ponca City OK we were there getting a burger once when we saw through the trees a house blow up. It was not very far from where we had our MH parked in a camp ground. Just across the ravine. Seems there was a leak of gas from the furnace and when the water heater came on ~ ka-boom. It was a big beautiful Victorian house reduced to toothpicks in a twinkling of an eye.

DONNA FAYE I have heard good things about the Baptist Hospitals. Good place for Jack to be. Hopefully his rib heals quickly and he gets back to exact soon. Our temps are in the 50's and the snow has all melted. I don't know what is in the forecast but hopefully it is rain.

JEAN They probably have that "dumb blond" working there to make that mistake so as to get more money out of the folks. Looks like you have a busy schedule now that you are home. Vacation's over, letdown follows. Going from those balmy breezes in the islands back to the cold mid-west must be a shock to the system. We are in the high plains and most of the bad weather goes around us these days.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 03-06-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote