View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #45
beachgirlDC
Fit for Life Beachgirl

Smile First day on site relieved to know support from others following Beck Diet Solution

Hi, I'm in a biweekly nutrition, fitness, weight loss group which I'm glad to have found. However, they do not have a Cognitive component to the program, and so sabotaging thoughts that get in the way of our doing what we know we "should" do don't get uncovered and responded to. I'm looking for support from people who are actively using the CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) based approach of Judith Beck's two books: The Beck Diet Solution and/or Beck Diet for Life. When I googled Beck Diet and Support, this 3 Fat Chicks site came up. I have never posted on a blog, etc., so please forgive me if I don't get the lingo right just yet. Basically I am looking for support, insight and tips from people who are consistently implementing the cognitive approach (e.g. making the flashcards with the Advantages, Responses to Sabotaging Thoughts, Memory cards for how it felt when you practiced a skill and had a positive outcome, etc.

Hope to hear from some Beck CBT girls (or guys) soon.

In the meantime, all the best of the best for each of you as you follow your own path! And here's to giving yourself credit and celebrating the "little" successes
beachgirlDC is offline   Reply With Quote