View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #53
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

First, a Santa update: The vet confirmed that it is probably canine papilloma virus and despite being a virus, the azithromycin is often used and probably helped for awhile, but is now causing him too much stomach distress. So he said to stop the antibiotics and the doggie ibuprofen. He said it may take a few more weeks up to several months to heal on its own, but he did say it looked like it was getting better...the type of virus it is just takes a long time to go away. The foot doesn't seem to slow Santa down any...he still runs and plays at day care and the dog park.

The alternative is to surgically remove the papilloma (which is like a painful wart), but since it's on a pad and pads take a long time to heal, it would likely take 3-4 weeks to heal, and would be painful too.

The vet's suggestion, and I agreed, watch and wait. It should get better on its own...the sooner the better, and why put him through a possibly unnecessary surgery when he may get better faster without it.

Now I just have to get him eating. He's eating a little canned food at lunchtime at daycare, but he's not interested with the canned food I bought. I'll either try another variety of canned food tonight or make him some boiled chicken and rice which is often given to dogs to get their tummys right.

I'm very grateful for all the healing wishes/prayers you want to send his way.

Gotta sign off for now...I'll try and get back later for personals.

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 03-06-2014 at 12:36 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote