Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #1  
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/150/135

Height: 5'4"

Default March Feathers Chat

Greetings Featherweights!

And we are on to March. So it’s time for a new chat thread. Hope you are all doing well on your weight loss journey! Feel free to join in and chat whether you are a regular contributor, an occasional poster, or someone totally new.

Here we go!
Tilly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #2  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi hope everyone is good. I wanted to loose 4 lbs last month and I got to 3.7 so I am pleased. Took a day off yesterday and am back up but oh well! Off to the gym!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #3  
Frugal Dieter

Hello Featherweights!

Hope you are all doing well.

Great going, crazygurl, on your 3.7lb Feb loss - that rounds out to 4!

I thought I gained on vacation, but I think I held steady. So now it is just a matter of staying on my regular plan. Getting a little tired of indoor exercise, but all the hiking trails are icy.

I am struggling a bit with knowing what my GW should be. I made it to my original goal, but still have fat around my hips. So I am pressing on somewhat goal-less. Nevertheless I am feeling great about my loss. I teach about 200 women, so lots of people have noticed my weight loss and I get lots of compliments. :=)

Hope you are all doing well and that you have a good day.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #4  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the substantial loss, crazygurl!

Tilly, I hear you on getting tired of all the indoor exercise, can't wait to go for a walk or jog in the fresh air again.

TOM is ending and my weight is settling back down into the 130's again. I'd like to make a point of pushing further downwards this time instead of yo-yoing between 139 and 141 like I have been the past few weeks.

I'm snowed in again today and my cold is clearing up so I'm going to make the best of it and walk on the treadmill for 2 hours. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #5  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Okay, I did not fare that well last month. Vacation and being sick

I vow to drop 6 pound this month.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi Feathers,

Not much going on. Surviving cold winter. Continuing to prepare for hiking trip which is coming up! I bought big girl hiking boots - Merrell Moab with Gore-Tex - should arrive soon, and then I will wear them all day every day and force myself to walk long distances in them to break them in.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #7  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

krampus: hiking? where are you hiking? sounds super fun I want new hiking boots! I do little day hikes, but I'm really going to try to do some overnight ones by spring.

sum38: sorry you were sick! I work at a middle school and I'm surprised I didn't catch anything as all these kids were constantly getting sick.

tilly5: I hear ya! I reached goal of 135 a few months ago, and after much thought I am really going to try to get below that into the 120s. Really, "fit" is my goal and I am trying to up my exercise with weights.

how was everyone's weekend? I spent it missing my boyfriend, who was out of town, and hanging out with family. It rained, so I stayed in and watched a lot of movies lol I did start Insanity again this weekend, so that was good for me. Hoping to start Yoga classes in a couple of weeks.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Today I'll recommit to my exercise routine! I did so well until Feb 13th, right before our vacation. Then vacation happened and subsequent ear infection and I have done diddly squat. BUT today I will be back at the gym! I might have wasted 3 weeks but in a grand scheme of things that does not mean anything, right?? -- Except I am sure my muscles have lost their ability to lift as heavy as I was lifting before my vacation. Oh well

I worked out 2-3 h per day since xmas and my weight was just melting off. I loved it. Now I have gained 3.4 pounds from my lowest and I fear it is all fat. -- I can not do this weight loss without exercise. Diet alone won't cut it. I guess when I was heavier, the exercise was not as important; now that I "only" have 15-20 pounds to drop, I have to keep moving. Plus I am old At 46 metabolism has slowed down a bit

My eating has been so-so...some days better than others. I did have a binge day a few days ago, I ate and ate all day long. I blame PMS -- I made a meal plan for today. I like being organized that way, if I have a plan I usually adhere to it. I will plan my meals for the next week, ahead of time. That way I can shop accordingly and don't just pull something junky out of the fridge.

So back OP, ladies. I will lose these last 15 pounds before summer! I have come way too far to give up now. Maybe I just needed a breather...
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #9  
Frugal Dieter

Hi all!
It is great to hear Krampus and KissKiss talk about hiking. I love to go on little day hikes, but hadn't hiked since before snow season. Today a friend called me up and asked if I wanted to go on a hike. I had already done my daily in-home exercise, but was soooo ready to get some fresh air. We donned our MICROspikes and hit the trail. Temperatures 26-degrees F (-3-degrees C), but the sun was shining and it was so much better than temps in the teens. Sum, it is great to hear that you are getting some exercise in as well. My vacation derailed me a bit too. Hope LovesToTravel and Sum are fully recovered.

Best wishes to all you Feathers. :-)
Old 03-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #10  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Yay, I ate OP and exercised. My mojo is back

Let the weigh loss continue.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 131/128/120

Height: 5'3

I wanna get rid of these 10 pounds before summer as well! Hopefully i will be at goal by june! I want some magic fairy "lose fat" dust!! he he he
Nikolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #12  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Feeling much better, thanks Tilly! I've clocked 23 miles on the treadmill so far this week and feeling good. My weight's still about the same, hovering around 139. I'm starting to experiment with less bread and more protein and veggies so we'll see if that brings about any changes. Also mindful that I just increased my exercise a lot this week so there may be some water retention for a while from that. I'm tracking everything in a notebook and feeling a bit like a walking science experiment at the moment.

My husband hugged me last night and said, "Wow, you're so skinny these days!" It made me laugh because when we met, I was 20 pounds lighter than I am now and thought I was fat (I was also 17, heh).

Nikolette, if you find that fairy dust, please send some my way too! Fingers crossed you'll find yourself at goal this summer.

Sum, glad to hear your mojo is back! I'm rooting for you!

Tilly, Krampus, and kisskiss, you guys are getting me all antsy to go hiking- or at least for a walk outside. I'm dreaming of my vacation in June, a week of nothing but endless hiking trails to explore.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #13  
Frugal Dieter

Wishing all you Feathers well. Glad to hear how people are doing. Keep up the good work everyone.

Oh, LovesToTravel, hope you are going some place fun in June. I love your name. :-) I love to travel, too.

I got outside again today hiking in the snow and looking forward to a hike with a friend tomorrow. Had a little off-plan moment yesterday, but today I am back on track. I seem to be holding steady at 136lbs. Hoping to see a little decrease.

Have a great day!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I was in Toronto; it was fun. I did not indulge on foods just with my eyes

I lost a pound of bloat and TOM isn't here yet, I am hoping for a nice post TOM whoosh. Need to get below 140 and stay there.

Whilst in Toronto on Friday; I did use the hotel gym and power walked on treadmill for 60 minutes. I was too afraid, if I skipped a day, I would lose my new found mojo. -- Today is weight lifting day; ugh. I HATE lifting. I have been lifting since March last year with a few short breaks between. People say one learns to loved it, not me. So I am dragging... My DH wants to go to the gym with me, so skipping won't be an option I will also swim today.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Hey feathers,

I'm really stalling and it sucks I get on track for a few days and then something always derails me. I know it's just excuses and that I just need to stop being so pathetic! It's not long until I go to Disneyland now, I gotta shift a few pounds before then.

aghhhh!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote