View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #18
mars735
maintaining since 9/2013

S/C/G: 244/148/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default carbophobia

Good morning!
Having been low carb for over 1 yr, I'm realizing 2 things: 1) mental functioning is much better with the right amount of carbs. The right range remains to be determined. I have a fear of the nagging hunger from the carb/insulin roller coaster. But my thinking and ability to do mental tasks are markedly improved with 40 net carbs rather than the 25-30 I've been eating.

2) Sucralose and high protein (e.g., 150-170g from tofu and chicken) can enter into the equation. I noticed some fat deposition coming back to my abdomen & thighs, despite good scale #s and clothes still fitting. Cutting way back on Mio water flavoring and all my other artificially sweetened go-tos has helped me to eat less and feel satisfied. I'll get measurements today.

Yesterday, with trepidation, I ate kidney beans and a small avocado before bed. It was alarming to see my calorie & macronutrient count on MFP! Yet today I lost 1.5 lbs, and finally made it below 145 lbs. Today, I am going to add quinoa and see what happens. Time to lose the fear of carbs and fat!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote