View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindySunshine View Post
... I should just get serious and count calories ...
Yup, I know this feeling. Just get serious and get to it! I tell myself because IE feels like a vacation sometimes. I sometimes the red devil on my shoulder says I'm just using IE as an excuse to eat whatever I want.

Turning to a diet is a logical thing to do, everyone does it, it's considered the responsible thing to do and we've done it so many times before that it feels natural. The relationship we have with dieting is not unlike having an abusive childhood - it's all we know, it's all we're destined for or so we think. We must deserve the punishment. I remember the very first time I was confronted with a version of IE... I was looking for a therapist to help me dealing with my ED. I interviewed a few. One in particular I refused immediately after our first session. It was a while ago but she said something to the effect of "let's see what happens if you allow yourself to get a little hungry, what kind of emotions rise up?" I knew immediately I wasn't going there. But it's stayed in the back of my mind until now as something I should have done but it sounded too hard.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote