– Survived an over scheduled day that included a precision rendezvous to pick up DW where she'd be waiting. All worked out. Exercise didn't happen until evening when I walked, CREDIT moi, to a friend's house and returned in the dark. There are houses with their Christmas lights still up and lit at night even as Lent is underway. Speculating on when they'll be taken down reminds me of maryblu
predicting 'ice out.'
Eating on plan, CREDIT moi, with "sustainable Cod" for dinner using a new recipe from the Boston Globe with miso paste. Eating Cod makes me feel like old New England when the East Coast had abundant Cod. Doing no snacks was easy because I was busy. When I'm out for the evening I don't have fruit from my own fridge. I did sit through the evening with friends with snacks in front of us having nothing. Separate CREDIT moi for that since I had to pass the bowl of mixed nuts when it went around.
– A shortened gym is still gym. Kudos. Happy sister-eve day.
– Hope you got rid of that snow - may it be your last. Spring is coming.
– Yay for looking forward to pool time. You've earned a little relaxation.
– Yay for the good news about your hip. Kudos for already having your food plan for tomorrow.
– Ouch for the Sabotaging Thought, "something I 'deserved'.."
I hate it when my entitled rears up.
- Yep, Super Kudos for buying clothes that you love. [LOL at "See's candy is like Bamboo"
- it's my fear that it'll start appearing in my face every day.]
– Such an insidious Sabotaging Thought, "being fat/ overweight is who I am"
- Kudos for recognizing that it doesn't have to be you.
- Happy Pizza Day. May you have little and enjoy it immensely.
day 13 Overcome Cravings
To get to that point, however, you first must learn how to respond to your cravings. This is actually simpler than many people realize. Cravings start to diminish the moment you decide you're absolutely not going to stray from your diet. They increase when you're indecisive about whether or not to eat.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 127.