Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

haha reenhag i know...i'm like...you get king cake! back off my brownie!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #62  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Had my weigh in, stayed the same, which is fine. Lost 3 inches which is great. I brought up the issue of the stress I have been experiencing at work. I also brought up the hunger(not cravings) that I have been experiencing. They said that on the days I am having the extreme hunger to eat another packet or more protein and that it is a good thing and a sign that (can't remember the exact words) that the insulin levels and receptors are doing their job. It will not inhibit my losses.

I love my coach(es). They are so knowledgeable and great cheerleaders.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #63  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I made some changes re: Mio/WF this week. I have also stopped swinging into GNC for an occasional Quest bar. I've played with the MIO thing before but decided to get serious. It is now only reserved for social events & just til it's gone. I'll be replacing it with the stevia one IPN told us about. But again, only for social events (to keep it special).

Making some other changes based on Beck Diet Solution.
I made those changes also this week--no more GNC Quest drop ins, returned Mios to store, and checked out Beck Solution from library today based on what you've posted from the book so far. After 2 Mio-less days, WF Thick n Spicy BBQ sauce suddenly lost its appeal and had a chemical taste. Coincidence?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Had my weigh in, stayed the same, which is fine. Lost 3 inches which is great. I brought up the issue of the stress I have been experiencing at work. I also brought up the hunger(not cravings) that I have been experiencing. They said that on the days I am having the extreme hunger to eat another packet or more protein and that it is a good thing and a sign that (can't remember the exact words) that the insulin levels and receptors are doing their job. It will not inhibit my losses.

I don't really agree with the eat more packets, I would ask you how much vegs your are getting. More than 4 cups could lead to more insulin and a hunger increase. Are you weighing your vegs raw? How much lean protein are you eating? Weighing it raw?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

sunflwr: Those are not actually the drops I had mentioned. These are:

http://www6.netrition.com/sweetleaf_water_enhancer.html

I do like the ones you posted in puddings though!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 03-05-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #66  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post

Yeah for 3 inches! That is great!

Sorry you're under so much stress, it really isn't good for weight loss is it?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #67  

Reen Hag
As promised, the IP reset/restart info:

What is a Re-Set? A re-set is what happens when you have been in maintenance for a minimum of 6 months (more typically a year) . A re-set “re-sets” the pancreas and helps us to maintain our sensitivity to insulin. It is recommended that this is done once a year to prevent those 5-7 pounds of weight gained over the course of a year from becoming 50-70 lbs. A reset is typically not appropriate for those looking to lose more than 10-15lbs. This number will depend on your total weight loss on the program i.e. if you lost 100lbs on the program and you are looking to lose 15lbs of weight gained while on maintenance a re-set would be appropriate -this would equal about 15-16% of your total weight loss any more than that a reset would not be appropriate. If you lost 30lbs while on the program 5 lbs. would be appropriate for a reset- about 15-16% of your total weight loss.

Why? A re-set is an accelerated version of the regular protocol. Phase 1 until you reach your goal (no more than 2 weeks) and then an accelerated phase off minimum of 2 days on phase 2 and phase 3 maximum of 1 week on phase two and phase 3. The goal is to complete the reset within 1 month. An accelerated phase off can only be done when severe calorie restriction (as in phase 1) does not exceeded 2 weeks.

What is a Re-Start? A re-start is what happens if after going on to maintenance you have gained more than 15-16% of the weight you lost while on the program. A re-start would also apply if you are returning to the program to lose some additional weight (exceeding what you would normally be able to lose over the course of 2 weeks) that you had not lost previously while on the program.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful Spring day here. I was in London last week, week 2 of the program. it was hard eating out everyday but I didn't gain anything from my first week weigh in. Back on track for week 3. Good luck everyone.
Closed Thread