Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #1  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Question TOM cravings, hungry vs. craving

Okay, so I'm well into my 3rd week. I had TOM during my 1st week that came way early because of the transition. Between transition days and PMS I thought I wasn't going to make it. Fortunately it passed. Now I am at my regular PMS week and I feel snacky. I'm worried I've come out of the mechanism because I its an overwhelming style craving (which are normal for me during PMS). But I guess I'm not really hungry... I had just hoped the lack of hunger would mean a lack of those PMS cravings. Anyone else experience overwhelming cravings for crap when they PMS?
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I don't PMS any more but I still get cravings for stuff I am not eating right now sometimes. Best advice I can give you is to power through it - do something to take your mind off the craving, eat lettuce, drink hot tea, take a bubble bath, go to bed early. They will pass and you will be proud of yourself for not giving in and staying in control.

Good for you for coming here and posting instead of giving in!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #3  
AmberLS

I just home that my cycle isn't going to stay messed up, a period every two weeks and the cravings to go with it is not acceptable! LOL, once a month is tough enough.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #4  
AmberLS

While we're on the subject of cravings does anyone else have dreams that they "accidentally cheat"? I have these dreams where I'm usually feeding my kids and I take a bite of whatever it is I'm feeding them. Then I realize what I just did. They are realistic and strange. Last night it was an apple lol
Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I hope not too! Losing weight can really mess with your hormones. I started having hot flashes something awful and had to go back on hormone replacements. My coach and doctor said since we store estrogen in our fat, losing weight pretty much depleted mine. Boy I was a cranky b!tch until we got the hormones straightened out!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Yes. I actually popped on here right now because I'm trying so hard to white knuckle through it. Have some herbal tea but all I can think about are potato chips and chocolate. I had cravings last month too but not this bad.

Stay strong!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #7  
AmberLS

LOL I'm a potato chips and gummy bears!!! I actually like the bbq crisps, but I opened a bag of the dill pickle zingers ate a few and decided I didn't like them and didn't want to risk opening another restricted. I just always have the urge to eat eat eat when I PMS. Gonna go to bed early lol
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Yes. I actually popped on here right now because I'm trying so hard to white knuckle through it. Have some herbal tea but all I can think about are potato chips and chocolate. I had cravings last month too but not this bad.

Stay strong!
Mine have been bad if I come home from work. It's the "after school snack" time
Often go to the gym instead of coming home. Today I made some coffee. Started a project. Cravings went away.

Check brain over binge website for help, as well as Beck Diet Solution

We can talk ourselves into or out of just about anything. So much of success (or lack thereof) is in our heads. & learning new ways to think, act, & react.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #9  
AmberLS

I completely agree... I know I'm not really hungry, I definitely don't need chips or gummy bears lol
Old 03-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Mine have been bad if I come home from work. It's the "after school snack" time
Often go to the gym instead of coming home. Today I made some coffee. Started a project. Cravings went away.

Check brain over binge website for help, as well as Beck Diet Solution

We can talk ourselves into or out of just about anything. So much of success (or lack thereof) is in our heads. & learning new ways to think, act, & react.
THanks for the website recommendations… I have them open as we speak. Looks like I have a lot of quality reading to do!

Glad to hear you found something that works for you for the after work cravings. Those used to be my worst, too, now it's the 'after dinner' ones.

I had tea and brushed my teeth and the cravings have subsided. Which is kind of amazing considering that an hour ago I'd resolved to eat a very specific entire bag of something horrible for you. You're certainly right that you can talk yourself into or out of pretty much anything!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote