Old 03-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Default New to IP

Hi Everyone---

Just started IP on Tuesday. So, today is my second day. First day went pretty well...but I was hungry! I've been on so many different diets over the last 5 years that I am afraid to be hopeful about this one. But I have read about so many success stories that I can't help but be a little excited!

My starting weight is 195 lbs. I've never been on a forum before and just trying to learn how to even post things.
HulaChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Howdy, Hula
I am on maintenance now (Phase 4) but I understand your 'symptoms,' the hunger part will pass... just think about your body's shock at not getting those processed carbs it's used to. Hunger means you would be happy eating a tomato, or 2 c of lettuce. If you are saying "Yuck" at this point then it's obviously NOT real hunger, just your body wanting back its high carb fix.

Drink lots of water, with a TINY squirt of Mio if you have to, or a big splash of lemon or lime juice. Have a Hot Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon herb tea if you want sweet. If you need to chew on something, unlimited lettuce (sturdy types like romaine or red leaf are more satisfying) with a bit of Frank's Hot sauce mixed with apple cider vinegar and a splash of soy sauce or braggs seasoning worked for me.

Hang on, it does get better!!! And you will be so happy at your first weigh in, I promise it will all be worth it. Get out of the house for a walk, or walk on your break at work - outside is best if you can. Changes your whole perspective!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 03-05-2014 at 01:50 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #3  

Thanks Liana!

I will do what you say. I didn't realize how snacky I've been through the years! I work part-time from home doing bookkeeping, student at night, and stay-at-home mom the rest. It's hard to stay home and lose weight for me, but haven't worked out of the house since my son was born (he's 6).

I'm really happy for you and your weight loss. It truly is fantastic! By the way, how do you add the weight tracker at the bottom? It looks encouraging!

Thanks,
Pauline
Old 03-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #4  

Welcome Pauline. It does get better..MUCH better. My husband started last week and thought he was going to die the first three days but now he is on day 9, 10lbs down, and so happy he has stuck with it and I know you will be too.

Changes habits definitely disrupts a lot in our lives so be gentle on yourself...take naps, read, watch funny movies, etc. Just know that time is what your body needs to adjust.

Good luck to you. You are in the right place.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #5  

Thank you eandc2006. Glad your husband is doing better...because all I want to do is eat something right now. Can't wait til my first weigh in on Tuesday!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
Thanks Liana!
By the way, how do you add the weight tracker at the bottom? It looks encouraging!

Thanks,
Pauline
Pauline: You click on the purple bar at the top left of page that says User CP, then click on Edit signature and follow directions. It may not allow you one until you have been on 3FC for a bit, but you can try. You can also edit profile there under User CP too.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
Thank you eandc2006. Glad your husband is doing better...because all I want to do is eat something right now. Can't wait til my first weigh in on Tuesday!
Read info on part #1 of the daily chat
You don't have enough posts or time in the forum yet to be able to have a tracker
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote