Old 03-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default vegetable chili mix help

im looking for recipes to jazz up the vegetable chili mix. add spice to it to make it taste better
3mily453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I sautéed up my veggies first (zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, leeks, etc) then remove. Soak the chili in its water while I sautéed then I put it into the sautéed pan and heat gently for 6-8 mins. While simmering I add my spices (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, etc) and I also add some WF ketchup and some 0/0/0 Chipotle Tobasco. Last I add the veggies back and simmer another few mins. LOVE IT!!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #3  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

I don't remember, but I may have gotten this recipe from the archived recipes on this site. At any rate it is delicious and I have used it many times. I also use WF honey barbecue sauce drizzled over the top.

Stuffed Chili Peppers (Phase 1 Compatible)

1 cup of celery, green peppers and mushrooms chopped coarsely or finely, as you prefer
1 t. olive oil
1 Ideal Protein Diet protein Vegetable Chili
Sea salt
Seasonings of your choice
1 large fresh green (or red) pepper

1. Spread olive oil in a stir fry pan. Add chunks of celery, green pepper and mushrooms and stir fry till ‘al dente’ Season with sea salt and your favorite seasonings. I recommend an organic Mexican Fiesta blend made with dehydrated chili peppers, dehydrated onion, tomato powder, paprika, cumin, dehydrated garlic, cilantro, oregano, red pepper and lemon peel.

2. Meanwhile, cook the vegetable chili as directed on packet. When both are cooked to perfection, mix them together. Cut the top off of a green pepper that you’ve cleaned out and stuff it with the mixture. Put the bell pepper in a 350 ºF oven and bake for about 25 minutes.

Servings: 1
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/120/115

Height: 5'2''

Mommy that stuffed pepper sound delish!
Arwa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/120/115

Height: 5'2''

Haha that was supposed to say * mmmm
Arwa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I've used it to make a really yummy "taco" salad!
Cook up celery, peppers, mushrooms (and/or other veggies from the list) in a pan. Meanwhile cook the chill packet as per directions. Then mix them together and place on lettuce. You can add green or red onion, more spices if you want (I also like a bit of hot sauce sometimes), splash of lime, tomato.. It's really good!
JanMarie40 is offline   Reply With Quote