View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #12
idgie_marie

S/C/G: 190/185/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi you all,

I would love to join this group if I may! After yet another weekend of terrible eating and very little exercise, I woke up on Monday realizing I need to find some sort of support group. I came across this group and have been very inspired by you all!

I am a late-20s woman, and I feel like I have been living in a fog for the past 4 years or so. I work from home in a very stressful job, and my partner - who is incredibly lovely and kind - is a very naturally thin woman who never really struggles with eating urges. All this is to say, I have spiraled a bit and feel like I am hidden away with eating issues, and I have gained ~40 pounds over the last few years.

That said, I feel like I am just starting to see beyond the fog, I am trying to work my way out of it in a sustainable way! I am a former athlete, so the all-or-nothing mentality has kicked me down in the past. Now, I am trying to set realistic, attainable goals to achieve daily. For example, I am trying to walk 10,000 steps every day (I have a FitBit) and avoid all soda. It's a long, sometimes sad road.

I am so happy to see there is a community to connect with and gain support from! I look forward to connecting with you all, and I hope you all have a wonderful day today!
idgie_marie is offline   Reply With Quote