View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #37
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - I'm glad you had a nice time at the Humane Society event. So nice of them to give everyone recognition for their contributions. As for your questions about avocados, since they are a "healthy" fat, I think they would either have no effect on cholesterol or a good effect. I just looked up the carb info on avocados, and 1 cup of sliced avocado has 12g of carbs combined with the 10g of fiber, that would make it a pretty good food for diabetics (in moderation of course). It's the "in moderation" that always gets me. LOL I was really pleased with my physical therapist. She did a thorough exam of my back issues and after some manipulation to re-align my pelvis which was causing some pinching pain on one side of my back, she gave me some stretches and exercises to do (some I knew about, some were new), and said that rather than repeated PT visits, I'd benefit more from a "back exercise" class that the hospital offers. I go to the first class on Thursday after work. She really gave me hope that if I strengthen my muscles (core and back) I can hope to be pain free and go for walks/hikes like I want to. I hope your PT goes well today and gives you some relief.

Laura - Thanks for the reviews on the movies. I think the movie "Philomena" looks really good. Good for you for doing so well with the pushup challenge and Body Electric workout. Keeping my fingers crossed for your WW weigh-in.

Ceejay - Your car was frozen to the ground?! I've never heard of that before. I hope you get it out of the parking space when it's time to go home.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 03-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote