View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #57
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning girls....Donna....I say AMEN to Gayle's post too, she takes the time to do personals. I seems to always be busy, guess my priorities aren't in the right order. The Blackened chicken recipe was on my email this morning and looks to be low in fats. No need to put chicken on baking sheet, just leave it in the cast iron pan. You all have cast iron pans? I've been using the one my mom bought for me shortly after I married, it's 48 years old and the best pan I have.

Bruce was hungry for Reubens the other night. He purchased a corned beef roast and it was a tough old thing, so disappointed. But it made fantastic Reubens the next day. A(sliced thin and piled high). Reubens aren't calorie friendly and I put on two pounds of water retention the next day. It's gone this morning, thank you very much. Yesterday I made some potato soup with the left over corn beef and it was too die for. I was full after one bowl but did that stop me from having a second bowl? Does a bear poop in the woods?
On that note, gotta get busy.

Quote:
Blackened Chicken

Rated: 4.5 stars
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 20 Minutes
Submitted By: Karena Cook Time: 10 Minutes Servings: 2
"Take the bait and try this spicy charred chicken--a Cajun favorite."
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot.
2. Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Oil the chicken breasts with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture.
3. Place the chicken in the hot pan, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place the breasts on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.

Last edited by Bobbolink : 03-04-2014 at 08:41 AM.