View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 03:02 AM   #7
Steelslady
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 309.4/278/208 1/20/14

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Thanks krampus, that is helpful. You're right that it's hard to find support around diet-centric people and I suddenly feel very out of place here. I will download that ebook.
So sorry you feel this way! I love it here, but I am doing things my way and just enjoying the adventure of eating yummy and delicious foods while getting healthy. I respect others for how they eat and exercise, if they chose to do so, and so far, folks have been very respectful to me in return.

I don't consider myself on a "diet". This is a way of life that I followed years ago, back in my 20's, when I was a size 8/10 and looked great. Foolish me should have gone back to this way of life, instead of trying every dar gone diet out there that did nothing but left me hungry, tired, cranky, and craving foods I probably wouldn't have craved if I just allowed myself to enjoy food daily, instead of once in awhile.

You found something that works for you- keep going, if it makes you happy and you feel you can do this for as long as you need to, or for life. That's what is important- being comfortable and happy with your way of eating and feeling good about yourself. I love what I am doing, and don't plan on looking back........there's no such thing as a "cheat" on my plan, if I want it, I eat it- perhaps a healthier version than before, but once in awhile, I just eat the fun stuff for one meal and forget about it. Exercise and water can undo anything.

Funny you should mention about throwing away clothes. Two weeks ago, hubby and I cleaned out three closets full of our family's old clothes and linens. We donated five bags of clothes, and threw away around five bags of clothes and linens that wouldn't have been any use to anyone, holes, tears, stains in them. Talk about liberating!!!!!!! It felt so good to get rid of them all, and to organize our closets with bins for the linens, summer clothes, kids old clothes that him and I were too sentimental to throw out, etc.

I have a bin of clothes ready for me to fit into as I start losing this weight. I have another 20 pounds to go before some of them will fit, so they're ready and waiting. Otherwise, I got rid of so much clothes that I wasn't using, out of style, etc. Now, our bedroom closet is clean and organized- what a difference, cleaning out clutter makes, in your attitude towards life! I plan on doing some more spring cleaning this weekend, getting rid of more junk around the house that we're not using and organizing things.

One of my old friends used to throw anything out she hadn't used or worn for six months (accept for bathing suits, shorts, seasonal items). I use to marvel at how clean and organized her home was, and although I hate clutter myself, I still need to learn to let go of things sooner than I do. As one Chinese person said to me- "cluttered house, cluttered mind". He told me the more clutter hanging around the house, the more energy you lose and your bound to get depressed from looking at it. So, go ahead and get rid of what you don't need- that's they key word, "need". You'll feel better!

Please hang in there. I hope you feel better and don't get discouraged- keep going, and if this isn't working for you in the future, try something else until you find what makes you happy.

The Wendie Plan in Calories:
http://hermitislandlover.blogspot.com/

One for each ten pounds lost-
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote