Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Do we have an administrator any longer

I am just wondering because we keep having 2-3 post with the same subject (sample daily weigh in threads) and no one is deleting the multiples.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #2  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I just took a quick glance at the 100 pound club and I did not see any duplicate threads. I see daily weigh in threads for different sub groups. Yes, it would be nice to have just one or two daily weigh in threads, but not all qualify for all sub groups. For instance, I don't have enough weight to lose to qualify to post at 100 club, nor someone who is over 200 pounds would probably not feel comfortable posting at featherweight section.

There is a daily weigh in thread under Chicks up for challenge. It is a very active thread.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #3  
Tired Of Just Surviving

There are 3 daily weigh in thread for the month of March going at this time. There were two thread going for the month of February. I just believe people find multiple threads with the same topic confusing at times, they are not sure where to post or if they should post in both.

I personally don't mind myself I save a link to my thread in whichever post I am in but other people have voiced confusion.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I just took a quick glance at the 100 pound club and I did not see any duplicate threads. I see daily weigh in threads for different sub groups. Yes, it would be nice to have just one or two daily weigh in threads, but not all qualify for all sub groups. For instance, I don't have enough weight to lose to qualify to post at 100 club, nor someone who is over 200 pounds would probably not feel comfortable posting at featherweight section.

There is a daily weigh in thread under Chicks up for challenge. It is a very active thread.
I'm with Sum.. It'd be nice to just have one but it isn't possible since there are a lot of different support groups. I don't think it is too confusing as long as one makes sure they are posting in the right thread as well as right sub-group be it 20 something's or 100lb club. I don't see the big deal, frankly.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #5  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Okay one more time - there are 3 March weigh in threads in the 100 lb club SUB group.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ty-thread.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...gh-thread.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...gh-thread.html

At this point I don't care anymore I was just trying to find out where all our administrators for 100 lb sub group went, to help with some of the confused newbies.

Do you ever fell like you are just beating your head on the wall?

Last edited by SmallSteps; 03-03-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I see it now. You made it sound like the thread titles were exactly the same. I can see why it'd be confusing for newbies like you said. Oh well. More choices for us, I guess. Ha.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #7  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Like I said amandie I personally don't care I save a link to my post so I can find mine again every month LOL
Old 03-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #8  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

i think part of that is people need to look for the type of thread before they create a new one. some of those are created on different days, i think some people might just want the glory of being thread creator lol
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #9  
Tired Of Just Surviving

That could be it also Charity!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've noticed this kind of thing on nearly every message board website I've ever been on. It just seems to be the nature of the beast. 3FC seems to be about average in that regard.

Personally, I think this site has it "just right," and average is where you want to be. On more loosely moderated sites, similar posts are never combined or deleted which makes navigation a lot more confusing, especially when you see dozens of exactly the same post (not just similar topics).

The more rigidly moderated groups are even worse, because questions get deleted or are never are not answered if a similar question was ever asked and answered. You might even get scolded by the moderator and/or other members (and get your post deleted or ignored) for asking a question similar to one that was answered three years ago (I'm not kidding, that happened to me on a doll website several years ago. My post was not deleted, but not only was I scolded by the moderator, no one answered my question or provided a link or clue as to how to find the old thread. It took me probably 20 minutes of searching o find the old thread).

I'll gladly accept "average" moderation any day. Overmoderation is as much a pain in the tuckus as undermoderation.

Last edited by kaplods; 03-03-2014 at 10:25 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #11  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

For what it's worth, I don't think the daily accountability thread and the daily weigh-in thread are precisely the same thing. Some people might want daily support and accountability who aren't daily weighers. I think that is the history of how those two different threads began.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote