Old 03-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Default Cost

Can someone tell me the cost of this program? I'm diabetic and would really like to try it.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbabe View Post
Can someone tell me the cost of this program? I'm diabetic and would really like to try it.
I paid $485 for initial consult, 10 days of food, and the supplements; 3 months of coaching also included. With packets and supplements, my cost is a little over $100 a week. That does not include the meat and veggies from the grocery store.
I struggled with the cost of the program (I will be going into some debt before reaching my goal weight); however I am looking at it as an investment in my long term health. The cost has actually been a big factor helping me to stay on program and not cheat like I have with every other diet I've every been on.
smallerin2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I paid 189 to "buy in". Food is 4.15 a packet, and you use 3-4 packets a day. I have no per coaching fee, and the "buy in" is a lifetime thing, so would not have to repay if I restarted.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I've never followed IP through a clinic- bought alternatives on nashuanutrition.com. The cost has been tons of hours of research on the alternatives thread here, and roughly 10-14 per box of 7 packets. On average I spend maybe $150 a month on alternatives.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Default Thank you

Thank you for your replies
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

The costs seem to vary alot from place to place... some have weekly fees, some don't. Where I live I paid $40 as a subscription fee (good for a year), which includes all weekly meetings with my coach. Food cost is $3.86 per packet. The supplements cost close to $100 the first time. However, I'll be buying those elsewhere next time as they are common vitamins.
Chicnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/173/150

Height: 5'4"

I paid $350 up front for a lifetime membership and it included two weeks of food and one month of supplements. Individual packets are $4 or $5 each. The only catch is you can't have the coaching if you don't buy the food and supplements from them... And they track it!
vtcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #8  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I paid 240 initial consult fee that included my first weeks food (4 boxes instead of 3). Body composition analysis, and all the vitamins and supplements. I talked to my coach today about store bought supplements and he said absolutely not, but his assistant had told me prior to that I could to save money. I am a teacher and my summers are pretty budgeted so I asked about alternative ways to continue through the summer and got a there is no alternative. I get weekly way ins and body comps that I don't pay for and my weekly cost for food is $85 which is $4 per packet
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I paid 240 initial consult fee that included my first weeks food (4 boxes instead of 3). Body composition analysis, and all the vitamins and supplements. I talked to my coach today about store bought supplements and he said absolutely not, but his assistant had told me prior to that I could to save money. I am a teacher and my summers are pretty budgeted so I asked about alternative ways to continue through the summer and got a there is no alternative. I get weekly way ins and body comps that I don't pay for and my weekly cost for food is $85 which is $4 per packet
And yet... Of course there are Alternatives at considerable savings! But clearly IP coaches seldom want you to go that way since the bulk if not all their income is based on the packet sales. Some will continue to coach you or may not track closely enough to notice if you buy some but not all food from them (the latter is the case with my center).

If you leave them for summer (meaning you switch to alternatives and do your own weigh-ins and tracking) can you return in fall with no additional charge (if you want to?)

I phased off in Dec but still buy some packets from my clinic. I don't go for weigh-ins there anymore since I feel my purchases are very little and not enough to "pay" for my visits. .. and I am now comfortable accounting for myself.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #10  
AmberLS

He said I wouldn't have to pay the initial fee when I came back so that's good news. My clinician is my chiropractor and he's a really good guy, but obviously business is business.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #11  

Quote:
He said I wouldn't have to pay the initial fee when I came back so that's good news. My clinician is my chiropractor and he's a really good guy, but obviously business is business.
Mine is also my chiro and a good guy, but yes, it's his business so I am not taking advantage. I still buy some of my favorites from him and if I feel I need some short-term coaching I would go back to him and buy more, but for now since I know the program and am doing well with Alts, I am fine w/o the weeklies. But I am so glad I started with a coach and full accountability to someone while I was learning the ropes.

You too might find summer a good time to go on your own and see what it's like!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #12  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

My startup cost was 300 for the first week of food, with a month or so supply of all of the vitamins and supplements, plus the shaker bottle. Now I pay 90 a week for 3 boxes of food.

When I asked my coach about supplying my own supplements to help with the cost, she said she understood but told me that the Ideal Protein vitamins were of very good quality. I also remember one time one of our IP veterans on the 3FC boards who we haven't seen for awhile (Scorbett - we all miss you!) has shared that as far as the vitamins go, IP did it right. I think I do/feel better with the IP vitamins as well. Just thought I would pass my thoughts along for what they're worth!
brelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #13  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbabe View Post
If your ticker & my arithmetic are correct, you only have 22 lbs to goal. The speed at which you lose on IP may disappoint you. From what my coach told me, and from experience of co-workers with less than ~30 lbs to lose, progress on IP was slower than for those with more weight to lose.

Last edited by mars735; 03-03-2014 at 11:22 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #14  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Mine is a Los my chirp and a good guy, but yes, it' ships business so I am not taking advantage. I still buy some of my favorites from him and if I feel I need some short-term coaching I would go back to him and buy more, but for now since I know the program and am doing well with Alts, I am fine w/o the weeklies. But I am so glad I started with a coach and full accountability to someone while I was learning the ropes.

You too might find summer a good time to go on your own and see what it's like!
Ya I am definitely glad I used a coach, and he's wonderful, but as friendly as he is I was a little shocked at the lack of leeway and understanding for a single mom on a budget, but like I said business is business I guess. But I have to go off this summer so I might as well try my best at alternatives like you said and see how it goes. I'm only 2.5 weeks in but I am a quick learner and I'm feeling pretty comfy with the process and rules.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #15  

Quote:
Ya I am definitely glad I used a coach, and he's wonderful, but as friendly as he is I was a little shocked at the lack of leeway and understanding for a single mom on a budget, but like I said business is business I guess. But I have to go off this summer so I might as well try my best at alternatives like you said and see how it goes. I'm only 2.5 weeks in but I am a quick learner and I'm feeling pretty comfy with the process and rules.
I think you will do fine on alternatives. Use this start-up time to learn as much has possible both from your coach and this board... Read read read. You will know when it is time to "go rogue" as it's known around here!