Old 03-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default #Plateau Kicking Camp# Because it happens several times in your diet!

Plateaus are one of the dieter's worst nightmares! They have defeated me in my previous diets. Thinking about it, I never quit a diet when the loss was constant. I always gave up when I got desperately stuck.

Even if the "getting out of the ..." threads are great, it is a little frustrating to see you're stuck when people are coming and leaving.

Seems like I'm heading towards a steadfast and horrible one and I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thread specifically for all plateauers, chronic as well as temporary plateauers. Open for all dieters (weight, age, diet, gender, etc)

It is meant for sharing experiences as well as give/receive support, encouragement and tips as you're cruising through those arid desert days.

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 03-03-2014 at 02:33 PM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #2  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

Thirty4, great thread. I am only down 11lbs Which was 13.2 about 3 weeks ago. The gains have been small. I didnt think I could hit a platau so early but if it is not my fault that Im not lossing these last few weeks then its the dreaded platau! Hopefully this week will be a loss.
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #3  
Blessed Person Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by npotyonek View Post
Thirty4, great thread. I am only down 11lbs Which was 13.2 about 3 weeks ago. The gains have been small. I didnt think I could hit a platau so early but if it is not my fault that Im not lossing these last few weeks then its the dreaded platau! Hopefully this week will be a loss.
I feel you on that one right! Hope you'll start losing again. Are you planning to do anything differently to break the plateau?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #4  
natalie

I really need to get back to exersizing. I used to be so active and since starting a new job then this frigid winter its gone right out the window. The only other time I have not been active was when I had orthopedic surgery and was ordered not to by my DR. Also....stay on points with my weight watchers...Ive been a cheater! yup...big fat cheater here!
Natalie
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #5  
natalie

What about you? Are you doing anything that should help break the stall?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #6  
natalie

Busted out of the 220's this morning with a 3 lb loss! Yippy!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #7  
Blessed Person Here

Go npotyonek!!!
Congratulations. Mine came down too. I just made sure I walked as much as possible y'day and today I lost a few grams.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #8  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

I started my diet in January and I lost a pound per week or more – but it took me three weeks to lose the last pound.

I sleep enough; I never step on a scale when I’m on my period or the day after severe workout, I have a great new scale I bought in January and liked it until now, I don’t have any metabolic disorders and I try to stay away from artificial sweetness. These are my reasons I found that could contribute to being stuck at the edge of the 190's:
- It is true, that I fall of the wagon here and there - maybe every two weeks for a day, but always pick myself up and start a healthy day next morning and until now it didn't affect my weight loss in any noticeable way.
- Some days, maybe one or two times per week, I eat 1500 calories instead of 1200 and still call it ok.
- I don’t have a regular workout schedule. Some weeks I workout 1 time per week and some weeks 4 times.

I know none of them are probably the reason why I’m stuck, but I’m losing my patience a little here. It is true, what thirti4thirty said – the plateau is the most common time to get off the diet and I'm really afraid what will happen to my motivation if this goes on. I lost 13lbs already and I feel much better, but I’m not ready to quit - I’m not even out of obesity yet!
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I have lost a total of about 40 pounds in the last year and I still have 35 to go. I am currently stuck at 155 and I've been here for over a month. I had some slip ups but I have also been working out to counter act them. I'm not really sure what I should do to get through this plateau.

So far my idea is to stop snacking at night (which I am used to because my Bf works second shift and when he comes home he eats dinner and then I want to eat) and also I have been planning to get on a more consistent schedule (I'm self-employed so it has just been crazy)...
SallyLa is offline   Reply With Quote