View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
Steelslady
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 309.4/278/208 1/20/14

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleka View Post
Thank you so much Steelslady for your welcome and posting a sample menu. Your salads sound a lot like what I make. I always put Craisins in my salads and a sprinkle of walnuts. In the summer I add about 1/2 cup of blueberries and they give it a little sweetness.

I bought a pkg. of Joseph's wraps last week and just looked at them and there are 6 g. of fiber in the ones I bought. I got them at Market Basket (I see you are also from NH). I find Market Basket has more of a selection of Joseph's products than Shaw's or Hannaford's.

Before they had the points system, WW had a Fat & Fiber Plan, where you aimed for at least 20-25g. of fiber. I plan on aiming for those numbers and increasing the amount slowly. I have an issue with my stomach where some foods don't agree with me and leave me feeling bloated and uncomfortable.

My DH & I are retired and for exercise we go to the mall and walk. We try to go Mon.-Fri., but these past couple of weeks with the snow storms and various appointments, we've only managed 1 or 2 days.

That was a funny story about the high fiber Polaner S/F jelly. I can just picture everyone running to the bathroom. I'll have to look for some. I used to love their apricot high fiber jelly and was known to eat it out of the jar. But, I can't find it anymore.
Aleka- Glad to have you aboard! I hope you have great success. So far, so good for me.

I love Market Basket- not only is their food cheaper, but I find it has more variety for dieters than Hannaford. I don't go to Shaws, way too expensive for me, lol. I like the Rochester Market Basket better than the Concord one, though- Concord's MB is way too small and doesn't have as much items there due to lack of space. It's always busy there, too- go figure!

I don't know where you live in NH, but I shop at the Concord Walmart Super Center, which has your Apricot Polaner High Fiber preserves. I got my strawberry flavor, will pick up apricot next week. I don't know if this helps you or not, but maybe a Walmart Super Center near you might have it?

Oh, and foolish me couldn't wait to order PB2 and try it. I am hearing great reviews about it online (here and other places), so I see Walden Farms has a no calorie peanut butter. I knew better than to buy it- while Walden Farms regular salad dressings and stuff is superb in taste, their "no calorie" foods leave something to be desired. Brought it home, tried a taste of it, and all I can say is, it don't taste like peanut butter to me, not even close. I might try to mix a tablespoon of it with a tablespoon of regular peanut butter to see if it tastes ok, enough so I don't waste the $4.00 I spent on that little jar. If not, another product to ditch *sigh*.

That's awesome that you and your hubby go mall walking! I've been trying to get my sister to go mall walking with me, she could benefit from the exercise (she doesn't do any at all, and is thin- go figure!). I would think she would love to go because it is comfortable at the mall- not too hot, not too cold, and there's bathrooms available, as we both have bladder issues and are both on medicine for it. So, I do my own thing, while she stays in her room downstairs, hardly moving at all during the day. She lives with my family and has lots of medical issues. I try to help her, but I have to take care of myself, know what I mean? She has three kids, and neither one will take her in or help her...............ugh! I already took care of my mother after my Dad died, not sure how I got this responsibility (as well as my family), but if she doesn't start taking better care of herself, she'll end up having a big stroke the doctor told her, instead of the mini strokes she's had in the past. She's stubborn, that one!

Anyhow, glad you're with Liliann and I on this, can't wait to hear both of you ladies' progress! Have a great day!

The Wendie Plan in Calories:
http://hermitislandlover.blogspot.com/

One for each ten pounds lost-
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote