View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #27
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

I didn't want to get up today. I didn't fall asleep until after 11, partly because I was waiting for clothes to dry until 10 pm. I like to get the clothes fresh out of the dryer whenever possible so that I can minimize wrinkles.

I watched the Oscars. I wasn't really interested in the awards per se, I just love Ellen. And in my opinion, she really made the show fun and entertaining. I loved when she appeared as Glinda. I'd never seen her in a dress before! I only saw one of the movies up for best picture (Gravity), and I thought it was very good. So now I'm interested in seeing "Dallas Buyers Club" and "12 Years a Slave". I'm not sure if I'll go see "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Blue Jasmine", "American Hustle", and some of the other movies though.

I didn't get to the gym on Saturday or Sunday, but I'm planning on going after work today.

================
Laura - Which of the Oscar movies had you seen? Which would you recommend? A year of Jazzercise for $199, that would be worth it if the times were convenient.

Susie - Congrats on the great weight loss!! Sorry you had to lose it in such an unpleasant manner, but definitely use it as a jumpstart to continued progress. I hope your husband's sleep study went well. If he does have sleep apnea, he should notice sleeper better/deeper at night with his CPAP machine. I love mine and use it every night and for naps. Glad you had fun with your nephews. Sometimes playing with kids and/or animals is just what you need to relieve stress.

Annie - How are you doing, sista? Sending you lots of love and hugs. We're all thinking of you and here for you.

Happy - What a hectic ending to your Friday at the store. Glad you got to the bank in time. I've got to check the class schedules at the gyms around my work and home and see when yoga is offered. Thanks for asking about my tests. Over the weekend, I received notifications that my test results have been posted online. I don't know if my doc didn't test my HA1C, but I haven't seen that result. The other results are good though. And while my LDL cholesterol is in the normal range, the doc says it should be lower for diabetics, so she's increasing my cholesterol med with a re-check in two months. The phrase "warms up to at least zero" is just so wrong. I do NOT miss that. Funny about your comment to Susie about getting up at 5:30. I used to have to do that...now I can usually sleep in until 6:15 or 6:30. To answer your question, the weather here has been overcast and off and on rainy for a few days. And we need the rain so no one is complaining. Though in some areas of Southern CA, where they had recent wildfires, there's no vegetation to hold the dirt in place so they had some mudslide issues with the recent storms. It's supposed to be on and off rain for the next few days I think. The temps have been in the upper 40s in the morning and get up to mid 60s during the day. Have fun at the Humane Society pot luck. Let us know what you end up making, and share the recipe of course.

Terra - With all the walking you do at home and when running errands, you should consider wearing a pedometer. I'm sure WalMart or other places have fairly inexpensive ones. Some people shoot for 10,000 steps a day as a goal. So sorry to hear about the weight gain. You're getting exercise...how are you doing with your eating? Do you use MyFitnessPal? A lot of us are on that, not that I'm all that diligent about tracking.

Laura - I'm working on getting structure back in my evenings and finding a balance between too crazy busy and being a sloth. After doing laundry last night, I repacked my gym bag to include my swimsuit. No excuse for me not to do water aerobics this week. If you like Sandra Bullock, you'll like Gravity. If not...then you won't. I do really like Sandra Bullock and I liked her in Gravity about as much as "The Blind Side"...and I loved "The Blind Side". I felt like there were a few snarky comments at the Oscars that were supposed to be jokes...not sure if they came off that way though. One was by Cate Blanchett. She said to Sandra Bullock that she could watch her performance in Gravity forever, and she felt like she had. Ouch. I didn't see George Clooney at the Oscars, and I was surprised he wasn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Gravity. Thanks for texting Annie. I was just about to text her myself.

Ceejay - So sorry to hear about the panic attacks and migraines. The bad storms used to get me all worked up too. I used to hate the thought of driving in the awful weather and then having the weather get worse while I'm at work just to have to drive in the mess on the way home.

Shad - Thanks for sharing the photos of the GG house. Though I am disappointed you didn't get a photo of the hottie in uniform. And I loved the photos of the fresh market you posted on FB. I do hope that even though it's dark when you get into work that you leave during daylight. I used to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark when I lived in Wisconsin, and there it was too cold to get out for a noontime walk, so I literally didn't get out in the sun except for the weekends.

P.S.: Rats, my HA1C is up from 6.0 to 6.3. I'm going to shoot off an e-mail to my doc to see if she would let me try and bring it back down by eating better and exercising more. I don't want my diabetes meds increased. :-(

Well, time to get back to work.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 03-03-2014 at 01:43 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote