– Several opportunities for off-plan snacking were ignored, CREDIT moi, so I'm on my path. Trader Joe's had a FREE sample of an Irish Porter Cheese
that I'd never had before. So I began my rare and unusual
thinking before I got to my you'll see cheese again for sure
thinking. See again
won; I walked away from the cheese. I'd love to move away from the Food as Recreation
Trader Joe's was my second walk of the day, CREDIT moi, mainly to savor the sunshine, but we did need walnuts and dried apricots. I feel deprived if we're out of walnuts. After dinner I remembered that I had zero dollars in my wallet so seized the opportunity to walk to the ATM at the bank and restock.
– Tracking "80% OP or better"
seems like a sane approach.
- Super Kudos for carting food to two different hotels via "Oh well- just do it!"
– Love the thought of fish for breakfast since I'm stuck in breakfast foods for breakfast
thinking. Kudos for 11000 steps - that's moving on.
- Hope you DS's piano adjudication went well - so much pressure on the shoulders of our kids. Kudos for staying with your planning even as you struggle with the sitting. [Flexible Kudos for doing the "Open Leg Rocker"
– Smart thinking to use "oh well"
against a persistent cook who also crosses boundaries so easily. It's such a useful insight to recognize that she's bringing up your childhood feelings so that you can remember that you're no longer in that helplessness of childhood.
– Sending supportive thoughts as you await news of your father's tests today. Ouch for all the other stresses in your life. Your dish with colorful red peppers sounds like a soothing response.
– Ouch for the stress and Ouch for the divergence into sweet snacks. Kudos for recognizing that "Dr Beck's words really resonate with me"
and reaching out for that.
- LOL that you're celebrating, "Cool again is exciting too"
- I would gladly send you a little cool from here. Yay for walks with the pup.
day 13 Overcome Cravings
Cravings usually peak within the first few weeks of your diet. Once you limit or stop eating the foods you crave (usually fast food, sweets, salty snacks, and the like), your cravings for those foods will diminish significantly. Today, you'll learn how to deal with cravings effectively and decisively.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 127.