View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #335
eandc2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
infoplease: OMG I am having an epiphany, thanks to the article you provided. Until reading that someone is looking at the issue, I've tried to fit my experience in to what I know about sugar vs sucralose. Ironically I never had much of a sweet tooth until coming off IP. It wasn't really IP but the Muscle Milk ultra-sweet shakes I relied on to get enough calories in P4 while on the run at work. Well, that and the IP vanilla shake in my coffee (NEVER drank sweetened coffee before IP).

On P1, thanks to Mio, I always had a mild, pleasantly sweet aftertaste that tricked me into subliminally thinking I had just eaten something sweet. I've also noticed something lately--although I'm still fitting my small clothes quite well and holding the line with weight goal, there is a little fat deposition on my abdomen, maybe linked to insulin? My typical diet is under 50g carbs, so I would not expect to see that. Sucralose?? Yaaaahhh!

I've been holding off on going sucralose-free until spring--mood issues. From this article and the gut effects you mentioned, it's time. (So glad I returned the Cytosport Whey powder 6 lb bag back to Costco this a.m.).

This is a long ramble but I hope there's something helpful for others re sucralose possibly fueling a sweet tooth.

Thanks again infoplease!
Mars funny you bring this up. I too have a fat deposition on my lower abdomen that I never noticed prior to ip even when I was at my thinest several years ago. In all fairness I was younger so perhaps that's it. Something to think about for sure.