Thread: curiosity
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Pattience
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Shouldn't you be putting your photos up in sequence to see how much weight you've lost. Then at least you could acknowledge how much weight you've lost.

I'm only slightly taller than you and at 152 pounds i'd also still be seeing a fat person and see that i still have some way to go. But whereas once i would want to be as skinny i possibly could, now i am more accepting of imperfections. Certainly you should get used to your imperfections because you will always have them.

Are you at least able to acknowledge that you have made good progress and feel good about it?

This time around, i've so far lost about 20 pounds and i am feeling soooo much better about how i look. I don't want to stop here though.

Also have you done any toning exercise to build muscle. Maybe a form of exercise like yoga would be good for you since it works on the mind as well as the body. And take up mindfulness meditation. This should help you become more accepting and learn how to understand yourself better.

A good one for toning and body awareness is iyengar. You could mix it up with Ashtanga for a more of a cardio work out.

I like iyengar because you work on perfecting the pose which maximises what you can gain from it, the teachers are highly trained and qualified. Strength and flexibility seem to be the key elements but even standing on your head is quite a cardio exercise if you ask me. Although still you have to work quite hard to maintain the pose.

Ashtanga, the class i went to was fast paced and you just have to learn by keeping up and keeping going. So its the antithesis of the former but still no doubt good for you.

Most yoga classes are 1.5 hours long. They usually finish with a 10 minute relaxation-meditation session at the end. This part is good in many ways and makes you come out feeling wonderful.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote