View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
Steelslady
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 309.4/278/208 1/20/14

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
SteelsLady.....Thanks for your kind comment and glad that you also doing Fiber counting...Bravo on your current losses!!! Its nature way and simple!! Keep it up!!

Updated my count..had a evening snack..So for Saturday Total Fiber = 82.
Awe, you deserve kindness, Liliann! I am so happy you made this thread- I've been wanting to find others, too, who are doing this- nice to share ideas, recipes, as well as cheer each other on as our scales go down!

I thought of you today, as I found a jar of Polaner "Sugar Free" Seedless Blackberry Preserves. I didn't realize it was sugar free- I only use Stevia Sweet Drops and don't touch other artificial sweeteners, but I tried it anyway. Very flavorless, I must say, even for sugar free. I had it on my high fiber English Muffins- at least I got in another 6 grams of fiber anyway. I am going to go to the store today and get a regular Polaner High Fiber preserves- I am so glad you mentioned it, as I forgot I had this, but fool me got sugar free- ugh! No one else in the house will eat it, either- they hate how sugar free stuff tastes, so looks like I am ditching it.

Speaking of Polaner, I have a funny story to share with you ladies. One year for Easter, my husband went shopping for me, and I needed cherry preserves for a ham glaze. At that time, I didn't know about Polaner being high fiber, so I made my glaze, and I have to say, it was delicious- TOO delicious, as everyone filled up on the ham, saying it was the best they had ever had. Well, good thing I have two bathrooms, as you can guess, family and friends hit the bathroom several times, puzzled as I was. I mean, I always serve lots of veggies with our meals and on holidays, so at first it didn't faze me until my best friend made several trips, which never happens. The jars were still on the counter, I hadn't recycled them yet, and when I took a close look, I realized what had happened. Can you say holy *bleep*, literally? We laugh to this day over my "high fiber" ham sauce!

Also, meant to add to my above post- I vary what I eat on my high fiber English muffins. Some things I make:

English muffin Margharita pizzas- oven 350. I divide a tablespoon of olive oil amongst four high fiber English muffins (8 grams of fiber per muffin, 16 grams total right there!)- I spread the oil on the muffins, bake for about 8-10 minutes- I don't like my muffins soggy. I take one Roma tomato, slice it thin, and place on top of the muffins. I add mozzarella cheese, bake for another 8-10 minutes,or until my cheese is melted to my liking. Immediately after they come out of the oven, I add fresh basil leaves on top, let sit for two minutes. I usually eat these with a serving of Kashi Black Bean chips, another four grams of fiber, plus the tomato I think adds another gram of fiber or two- so that's around 21-22 grams of fiber in one meal.

Ham and cheese melts- same thing, coat with olive oil, cook like above, if you like it more firm and crunchy. If not, just coat anyway with oil, add ham and 2 slices of Kraft 2% American cheese divided amongst the four muffin halves. I sometimes add some Light Hellman's mayo and make it into a sandwich, sometimes adding some lettuce to it.

Bacon, egg, and cheese muffins- fry bacon, drain of grease. toast muffins (I like them sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and cooked in the frying pan, sprayed with Pam. I usually put a plate with a heavy cup on top of them to get an even "toasting". Fry eggs to your liking, or scramble them, microwave the cheese on the muffin, add bacon and eggs. I like a little light mayo on them- delish! I usually have popcorn or Kashi Black Bean chips or fried okra (6 grams of fiber per serving, sold at Walmart- called "Nature's Harvest Okra Sea Salt").

If you're in a sweet tooth mood- toast the muffins, spread two tablespoons of crunchy (my preference) or creamy peanut butter (2 grams of fiber) amongst the four muffins, add either two tablespoons of your favorite Polaner Fruit Preserves (3 grams of fiber per tablespoon, 6 grams total). This gives you a total of 24 grams of fiber. Enjoy with fruit or any high fiber snack- sometimes, I'll eat smoked almonds, other days, whatever high fiber snack suits me.

These are just some of the things I do to eat high fiber and protein at my meals. I forgot to add in my above post- I don't count calories, just fiber, and try to get at least 40 grams per day, though some days I get around 35. Experiment with different protein and spices, being creative keeps you from getting bored. some days, I'll just have bacon, eggs, muffins, and jelly on one of the muffins. Others, I make it into a breakfast sandwich. Play around with condiments, too, and as I said before, spices. Cream cheese with some chopped up veggies is also a nice change, also butter and parmesan cheese tastes great.

Later on tonight, if I have the time, I will post my "high fiber" cookie recipes, if you're interested. I cannot believe how fast these damn cookies disappear in my house- my husband, two of my three kids, and even sister loves them. The best part is they are high in fiber (made from Quaker's High Fiber Maple Flavored or Cinnamon flavored Oatmeal and chia seeds). I can't keep them in the house................so much for my diet food, I should I say, way of life food, lol. I don't consider myself on a diet!

Oh, and when starting out on a high fiber diet, it is best to build up to it. Don't eat 50 grams tomorrow, unless you know your body can tolerate it. Some folks can go right into it without any problems, others need to slowly build up the grams so that their digestion system doesn't rebel. I'll tell you this much, you're be pretty regular in the beginning of this diet, no constipation issues over here.

Also, one more piece of advice before I end this book, lol- drink PLENTY of water. You do need it on a high fiber diet. that's a good thing, keeps us hydrated. Well, I am off to ride my recumbent bike for another hour (hopefully), and hubby wants to go swimming tonight. Fun and relaxing day, listening to music while I peddle away and play Pet Saga or Candy Crush on Facebook.

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!!

The Wendie Plan in Calories:
http://hermitislandlover.blogspot.com/

One for each ten pounds lost-
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote