Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #121  
on a journey

Holly, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. Jennifer and I do have wonderful times when she is home. Things are usually hard financially though. Sometimes, I don't have money for food and I have to find it somewhere. Life for me is really hard but I keep going, I just feel bad that things aren't easier for Jennifer having to watch me struggle so damned much. She deserves so much more.

Well, anyway, I hope this post finds you all well. I really do.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #122  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
Holly, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. Jennifer and I do have wonderful times when she is home. Things are usually hard financially though. Sometimes, I don't have money for food and I have to find it somewhere. Life for me is really hard but I keep going, I just feel bad that things aren't easier for Jennifer having to watch me struggle so damned much. She deserves so much more.

Well, anyway, I hope this post finds you all well. I really do.
Oh gosh I'm okay, really Just really feeling your words and sending
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #123  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilturtle View Post
I stepped on the scale I do have that hasn't gone up high enough. I was 24 lbs away from using it at the end of November. It might be 10 lbs off too as a friend used it and it weighed her higher then her doctor's scale. I am very discouraged as it looks like I haven't lost as much weight as I hoped to by now. I have a doctor appointment in two weeks so we shall see then.
I'm so sorry you're discouraged! It is hard to not see what seems like tangible results..but I'm sure you are making good changes that maybe are harder to see but just as real.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #124  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm super busy with the tail end of the Month of Letters challenge, but I wanted to check in briefly. Especially because I have good news about my Belgian friend, Robine: she sent me a lovely birthday present that arrived a few days late, with a sweet note to the effect that she still wants to be my friend. It looks as though now that our email correspondence is over, we will still be in contact by mail. I'm looking forward to writing my first paper-and-ink letter to her, some time in the next week.

I'm reading everyone's postings and thinking about y'all a lot. ohiofreespirit, I'm feeling for you. I've definitely been there, in multiple deep depressions, so I know what you are going through. Your words are coming through, so know that I am listening, even though I don't know what to say. You are a brave woman. This will be over one day, maybe when the winter is over. Hang in there!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #125  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Having a really horrible day last night and today. I mean, REALLY horrible. Due to a bizarre set of circumstances, a folder with my original social security card and my son's got lost at a huge meeting of thousands of people last night. Now I am in complete panic mode and I'm coming unglued. I haven't had such a hard time in YEARS. Please pray for me, as I am in an (unrelated) huge time crunch this morning, no time to even think about the lost/stolen social security card crisis, and I don't have time to go into it here. Took an anxiety pill last night for the first time in a year, just so I could sleep.

I'll post a follow-up Monday morning. Ugh.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 198/190/135

Height: 5'6

Still not doing super hot but feeling a little better. Just wanted to stop in and send out a Hi and some hugs to everyone before the weekend. And say THANK YOU for the support. It means a lot to me, I don't like to talk to the people in my every day life about this stuff too much since they don't really get it and its such a downer if you don't understand. Sorry I don't have time right now to touch base with all of you personally, I will catch up soon.

Thinking of all of you,

Chelsea

Last edited by CDubsGotGoats; 02-28-2014 at 01:14 PM.
CDubsGotGoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #127  
rockin' my 60s!

I'm doing well—not quite caught up on answering all the cards & letters I've gotten this month, but I put 8 things in the mail today, so I feel good about that. And I'm enormously relieved to be back in contact by snail mail with my Belgian friend. Plus, I have that clean bill of health for my heart, so as soon as it gets a little bit warmer, I can start walking around the lake again.

And things seem to be working out well with our niece and her son: Bob is fine with helping with the after-school care for his great-nephew, a few days a week, and we're having the two of them over to our house this weekend. Bob's going to entertain the boy while his mom and I get a chance to talk: i'm really looking forward to that!

shr1nk1ngme— So sorry to hear about your social security cards hassle, and about all the stress you are feeling...I'm sending out a special prayer for you as soon as I finish this posting. Is there any chance you could give us a first name to call you, instead of your handle? It doesn't have to be your real name.

ohiofreespirit— I've been thinking about you, last night and also today. Keep posting, and let us know how you are doing: don't worry about being repetitive or bothering anyone. This is a safe place where you can talk freely. As I said to shr1nk1ngme, it would be nice to have a name to call you, just a first name you don't mind giving us.

Chelsea— I'm glad to hear you're doin' a bit better, but you don't have to have good news to write a posting: please keep telling us about what's on your mind. And you don't need to touch base personally if you're not up to it. The important thing is that you can talk openly here about how you are feeling.

Trish— Sorry to hear you're discouraged about scale issues. Please remember that the important thing is that you're making longterm changes in your lifestyle, not whatever that 3-digit number is. Did you ever locate your tape measure?

Holly— I'm sorry to hear that you feel guilty about when your boys were young. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this, but whatever may have happened in the past is out of your control now, so try to let it go. The present and the future are what you should focus on. And I'm sure that anger & frustration you felt back then was much more obvious to you than it was to your boys: all mothers instinctively shield their children from the stress they're feeling.

Kathleen— 'Haven't heard from you in a couple of days: I hope things are well with you. Tell us what's on your mind...
Old 02-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I haven't been sleeping real well, It seems like ever other night I miss an entire night's sleep. I feel sick. I feel anxious. My doctor was supposed to call in some ambien for me and never did. I'm overwhelmed right now.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #129  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking Feeling Hopeful!!!

Today is Day 5 of my DASH way of eating. I am finally getting consistent with BOTH food and exercise at the same time. I weighed 222 lbs the day I started this diet 2/24 (Monday) and Thursday morning I was down to 216!!! I am doing my healthy happy dance because it is literally the first time in years that the scale has budged DOWN at all!!!!! It seemed that no matter what I tried (ever since losing weight on Jenny Craig in 2009 and then gaining that and more back), the scale only continued to slowly (and sometimes not so slowly) creep back up..... all the way to new highs each time I would weigh myself. I still feel as though I never know what the scale is going to show at any given time, but it is finally going DOWN and I know it is true weight loss (and not just fluctuation) because I have been doing really well with food and exercise all week!!! I just hope and pray that I can keep this up and continue to lose weight, because I have about 75 pounds to lose ~ ONE pound at a time, of course! And that's just to get to a normal BMI for my height. If I ever get back down to 145 lbs, I will be one very happy camper!!! Sorry to dominate this conversation. I don't have time now for personals, but I am reading along. I am sad to hear ohiofreespirit and Holly talk about how they feel badly for their kids due to their depressions and other struggles, but I must say I can really relate. I was a total wreck after my handicapped daughter's birth, since one of our twins had just died 3 years prior to her birth and then not knowing if I had the (mental and emotional) strength it would take or what it would require to take care of a baby with Spina Bifida, and our marriage suffered big blows with each event. I really worry about my son because he remembers my one manic episode and always knew that Mommy didn't have much energy most days. I was in a very deep depression during his very formative years. When I was able, though, I was a very attentive and devoted mother. I had my degree in child development, thank God, and had worked with children birth through preschool, so I felt somewhat capable to be a parent (though my son was extremely premature and came home on oxygen and monitors and my daughter was also very premature and came home on monitors and with a handicap which I didn't yet understand). My husband and I were extremely close during my/our difficult pregnancies, and then we handled things very differently (so grew apart) after each of our children were born (and after the one twin died). It was a part of my life that I really regret my state of mind and many of my choices at the time (and feel like I lost some years to depression and grief), but now I do consider myself a survivor after having come through all of those difficult events at least somewhat intact. After many years of therapy and finally getting the correct combo of meds that worked FOR ME and working very hard privately on all of my issues and past traumas, I feel mentally and emotionally stronger than ever! BUT man, did I have a lot of years of grief and depression, so I can still relate like it was yesterday. I hope and pray for healing and acceptance of YOURSELVES just where you are at this moment. You are doing the best you can with what you have been dealt up to this point in your lives. YOU ARE SURVIVORS!!! You are courageous and strong to keep on putting one foot in front of the other each day!!! I have to run now, but please hang in there and know that this difficult time WILL pass and that there IS light at the end of the dark tunnel you feel yourself in right now. I am sending you BIG hugs and keeping you all in my prayers! This is a special little group we have here and I am thankful for the contribution of each and every one of you!

shr1nk1ngme: So sorry about your social security cards!!! What a nightmare! Hope all is resolved for you soon!

Trish: Take some deep breaths and talk yourself through this. You are OKAY and this too shall pass! Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Chelsea: Glad to hear that you are feeling at least a bit better. Hang in there, too!

Fi: I admit that I have some mixed feelings about your Belgian friend's reappearance, but ~ if you are happy about it ~ then I am happy for you! Just be careful not to get your heart broken again! Sorry, but I am just looking out for you!

I really gotta run now!!! Have to be somewhere! Hope I didn't leave anyone out! Take care and BE STRONG everyone!!! LilDazed: Hope I didn't scare you off with my "boundaries" comment; again, just trying to help!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #130  
rockin' my 60s!

Kathleen— That's terrific news that you're finally losing weight! Yay!! Good for you that you've figured out an eating plan that is working for you! And I appreciate your concern about my friendship with Robine, but believe you me, I'm being very cautious about thiis. I'm taking it very slowly—through snail-mail to and from Belgium, which is indeed slow. I haven't even begun to write my reply letter to her after the birthday gift & card: I'm carefully weighing in my mind exactly what I want to say, so that things will go smoothly. No more hot-n-heavy daily email correspondence—never again.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #131  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation See new March thread!!!

Just a note to say that I am starting the new March 2014 thread, so please look for us there and post to let us know you are on board!!! Thank you!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote