View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #217
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Glad you got some good stretching in at Yoga. My doc wants me to do more stretching, along with a water aerobics class. I've made arrangements with my boss so I can leave at 4 pm on Fridays to get to the only water aerobics class offered at any of my gym locations within a 1/2 hour radius. Sadly, it's only offered one night per week. I just hope I have my swinsuit in my gym bag today. I can't remember. If not, since I won't have time to stop at home first, I'll just do 1/2 hour on the bike. I'm finding that if I keep telling myself I'm too tired to exercise (or do anything) that just sends me into a downward spiral of hopelessness and really negative self-talk...and I hate that. I did post the Friday graphics for Mel (as well as all of you), and I'm sure Mel liked the "soaking blokes"..I know I sure did. I was supposed to start the push up challenge but didn't. Tomorrow being the start of the new month (easier to keep track of what day I'm on), I'll start tomorrow. No, really, I WILL! When I lived in WI, I wanted to do the kayaking in the caves of Lake Superior but we never got around to it.

Terra - I hope you're able to get your walking in today.

Laura - Get thee back to the gym. Remember the Zumba and the Step classes you enjoy so much? Don't let the casual users get to you...just remember they're getting out what they put in. And maybe there are reasons they only go to class occasionally. $55/month does seem kind of pricey for the fitness center...but if it's in a big office building downtown amid all the high-rise office buildings and apartments/condos, and, therefore, very convenient for users, maybe they'll get that price. I pay roughly $35/month and since my gym is "a chain" (24 Hour Fitness), I can use all the gyms in the area. I wanted a gym membership that would be easily transferable to Southern Cal, in case I ever move down there. Of course, the way things are going with D, the idea of moving to Southern Cal isn't as appealing. I do applaud you for being so dedicated on those challenges!

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment