WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Favorite Low Point Snacks?

Hi all! I have just seriously started doing WW a couple of weeks ago. There are some low point snacks, like yogurt, fruit, and some veggies, that I like for my snacks. But it's starting to get a little repetitive. What are all of your favorite low point snacks, and your favorite free fruits and veggies to munch on?
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Carrots, celery and cucumbers with some homemade ranch dip (with the dry powder type) or garlic salt in nonfat plain greek yogurt. Sometimes I use cottage cheese too if I don't have greek yogurt.

I usually eat fruit in my smoothies - 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup natural applesauce with some water then blended up. Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and handful of spinach and/or carrots for a complete "meal."

Hummus is another favorite (making it yourself is usually best as you can lower the amount of oil and tahini, if you use tahini that is) and you can make it any flavor you like- roasted red pepper, spinach/artichoke, roasted garlic, etc.

Guacamole or mockamole (although I prefer a 50-50 ratio of avocado and peas or asparagus for mockamole) and you could even add yogurt to bulk it up with protein.

Sorry if I wasn't much help!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I don't usually snack much, but after dinner I usually feel like something sweet or a treat and I'll have coloured popcorn, or one of those little individual packets of chips or choc filled wafers, whatever fits into my points. I love soup too.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I try to keep a few things on hand like the 100-calorie bags of popcorn (3 pts I think), sometimes I'll have baked tostitos scoops (3 pts for 16) with some salsa, some rice chex (3 pts per cup) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 calories per cup), pickles, cheese stick, I like celery with hummus, a piece of sara lee 45 calorie bread (1 pt) with mustard and sara lee low sodium oven roasted chicken breast (1 pt for 2 oz), fiber one brownie (2 pts), packet of plain oatmeal (3 pts) with a banana smashed in it, beef jerky 100 calorie packs (2 pts). That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I've been wanting to roast some garbonzo beans with chili powder and cayenne, but I haven't checked the points yet. I found a recipe for it online and it sounds so simple and a high protein, crunchy snack. I also keep watermelon, grapes and apples around for snacks.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I found a new 2 point sweet snack - blue bell cotton candy bar. They had them half price at reasor's and they are delicious.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #6  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

The Healthy Pop 100 cal bag (3 pts), I love strawberries and bananas, sugar free jell-o (0 pts) and sugar free jell-o pudding (2 pts) are all favorites!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

Hi
My husband and I love to snack. We have found these very helpfull .

I love laughing cow cheese light. 2/2pts
Snack size sun chips/cheetos 3pts
Vitatops 3pts
Breton minis 19/3pts
Special K cracker chips original with salsa 20/2pts
Low fat fugcicle original 2pts
Cool whip fat free 0pts
Dipp bars 4pts
kozy Shack Rice pudding 3pts
Source yogurt 1pt
Skinny cow ice cream 4 pts
Apple with 1 Tbl peanut butter 3pts
Fig newtons 1/1pt
Baby bell light 1/2pts
Unsweetened apple sauces different kinds 0pts
Water crackers 5/2pts
Boom chicks popcorn 1 cup/1pt
Hummus veggies/crackers

Hope this helps
Mitsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #8  
Living in the moment!

S/C/G: 252/242/150

Height: 5'3"

These are my go to snacks when I want something salty or crunchy, and go great with my nightly glass of Cab Be sure to use the deluxe cheese, not the individually wrapped slices. The 2% Kraft Deli Deluxe is 2 points, and Food Lion 2% Deluxe cheese is 1 point. Yum!

Here is the recipe with illustrations, because it's kind of hard to visualize.

Homemade Delish Cheesy Crackers:

Well, I can't post the link. Google low carb cheezits and the recipe will come up from Linda's Low Carb website.
Kendah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #9  

I like the individual 100 calorie guacamoles - 2 pts, great with baby carrots and red pepper strips. I also like 98% fat deli meats - several Boars Head types are power foods (I consider 2 oz a snack portion), a small container (1/2 cup) of ff or Lf cottage cheese (filling), a hardboiled egg, Annie Chung (or Trader Joes) seaweed snacks (1pt), 2 laughing cow lite wedges (1 pt). As you can tell I follow a lower carb approach. I just switched to Simply Filling.
MarieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Popcorn.

A lot of people don't know, you can buy the old fashioned popcorn, and pop it in a skillet, with no oil. You just plop in the kernels, slap on the lid, and shake the skillet, so it does not burn. Cheap, and you get an arm workout!

Fat Free Greek yogurt can be flavored in to any kind of dip you favor, to dip veggies in!

I experimented this morning with a cucumber/dill dip and a ranch/bacon dip. Rather than bacon, I used a ham seasoning powder.

Yumm! Baby carrots, cucumber spears!

Personally, I have a fondness for pickled beets!

While not a snack, some Sara Lee, 45 cal bread, pickled beets, lean ham, fat free cream cheese, spritz with cooking spray and grill!

Over the years, as I've gotten better at gardening, and especially herb gardening, seasonings, rather than buy, I raise, and dehydrate, and chop, grind or powder as need be.

Another food I lust for is Buffalo wings! Now, I cook skinless chicken breast, chunk it, add a bit of liquid wink sauce, a bit of wing powder, shake in a bag or sealed bowl. Fat free Blue Cheese dressing, or home made greek yogurt dip and enjoy! With a big ole salad!

There are so many options!

Bake, boil, roast, broast, smoke, crock pot, home can, garden, steam, etc.

The possibilities are endless, it's up to us, to explore, and find our sweet spot!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/T/150

Height: 5'9"

I love PB2, and at 1 point for 2 Tablespoons I will dip just about anything in it, apple or celery for lunch, a banana for dessert.
I also try to keep roasted veggies on hand, brussel sprouts, carrots, squash etc. to munch on throughout the day.
thisisart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #12  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I don't generally snack. After I eat dinner, I feel like I need chocolate or something sweet. I actually like the different mini bars that WW sells. I am going to try there freezer desserts soon.
donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/208/155

Default Hummus?

Does anyone make their own hummus in here? would love to make some snack portions for veggies
betterway247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #14  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterway247 View Post
Does anyone make their own hummus in here? would love to make some snack portions for veggies
I do but I don't make snack portion sized hummus. I make enough to last me a week.

Cooked chickpeas
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Roasted garlic
Roasted red pepper (optional)

Sorry, no measurements, I do it to taste although I do go easy on the olive oil and I keep the food processor running for a longggg time until it's creamy and smooth. I find it just fine without tahini for me.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/208/155

Default hummus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I do but I don't make snack portion sized hummus. I make enough to last me a week.

Cooked chickpeas
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Roasted garlic
Roasted red pepper (optional)

Sorry, no measurements, I do it to taste although I do go easy on the olive oil and I keep the food processor running for a longggg time until it's creamy and smooth. I find it just fine without tahini for me.
Are you using just a can of cooked chickpeas? sounds yummy. any idea on the points here?
betterway247 is offline   Reply With Quote