View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
EnchantedFarmerGirl

S/C/G: 160/160/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Synthyroid coming

Hi all, new here. I had a partial thyroidectomy 4 years ago and tomorrow the other half is coming out. I have possible cancerous growths and I think my thyroid is just not working. I have been 160 lbs for several years now and simply cannot lose weight.I have always been active and a healthy eater. Finally I did a test over the last four months. For 2 months I ate EVERYTHING I wanted to, the good the bad and the ugly. I did not gain a single pound. Then for 2 months, I juiced, at an 85% raw diet, followed good food combinations etc and did not lose a pound. Saw my surgeon today for my pre-op appt and he agrees that the thyroid is not working. I have been researching the med that he is going to start me on Synthyroid and frankly I am terrified at what I am reading. Weight gains of 50 + lbs, hair loss, fatigue, downward emotions etc. Does this seem to be the majority of how people react to this particular medication? A little worried here. The last time I went on a med for menstrual cycle issues, I gained 30 lbs and just felt terrible about myself and it took 2+ years on weight watchers to get to my current 160 that I have been at for at least four years now. Any info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
EnchantedFarmerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote