View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
ediesbeads

S/C/G: 274/271/160

Height: 5'8"

It sounds like depression more than laziness to me. When I got really depressed in college I would do that. Just lay in bed and not move all day. When I moved home, my mom would have to prompt me to do everything like bath, brush my teeth etc.

Now I have more irritability when I'm depressed. I grump at my husband, I grump at my kids, I scream, I cry etc. So I went on cytalopram and it was better. I didn't scream as much. But I still just did the bare minimums.... I bathed, did the dishes, did my work. But all without joy or interest. Then I sat at the computer and wasted time, or hid in my room and read.

One month ago my doctor urged me to try a larger dose of cytalopram. I'm on 40 mg now. It took 2-3 weeks to really feel better. But now I have decided to start losing weight. I started taking my vitamins (B vitamins give you a lot of energy!) Now I'm excercising, I'm smiling more, and I generally feel alive again.

I would recommend getting your meds evaluated! You may be able to feel much better than you do now.

Good luck! And Good job on walking on the treadmill!
ediesbeads is offline   Reply With Quote