View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
mars735
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLa View Post

For example yesterday I had candy and fast food and I know they are bad, and I don't really "cut myself off" so I shouldn't be feeling deprived and rebounding, but then I eat it even though I know if doesn't fit in my days calories

-Sally
It sounds like this may be the root of your problem. If it is, you're not alone. junk food--processed foods with refined sugars, fats, salt, caffeine, alter your brain chemistry to make you want more more more. Those foods are designed to do that so you buy them. (Suggest reading fat chance by robert lustig, things by gary taubes, and esp. brain over Binge).

Suggestion to test this out; before swinging into a restricited calorie diet in high gear, try eating until you are full of protein and natural foods. a whole chicken if you like but not smothered in BBQ sauce, fruits or veggies you like (not fried but ok to use oil, maybe even butter) etc. You will be full and in a few days will see that you don't miss junk food.

Then it is easier to design a weight loss program that you can stick to., If you're like me, the cheat days won't include junk. Eventually the desire fades if you don't feed it.

best wishes to you on your journey!

Last edited by mars735; 02-27-2014 at 01:49 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote