Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-25-2014, 05:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Insanity

Is anyone else doing any of the Beachbody workouts?
I'm currently in the 6th week of Insanity. It's certainly a hard workout but I love it. Once this is finished I will be doing Focus T25 and then will be getting back into running.
I entered a few 10ks last year with my daughter and husband (he keeps me going and helps me achieve good times) and we're even thinking about doing a Spartan Sprint this year but I have to lose some weight first as it's difficult hauling this bulk about.

Anyone else doing BB workouts?
LoopyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I was doing Insanity about a year ago, injured my knee and had to get PT to make it feel better. It's not 100% though. I might do the Hip Hop Abs since I received it as a gift.

Good for you on keeping up with it and 6 weeks too! I only made it to week 2, haha. I have heard good things about T25, you sound like you have a great plan in place! Good luck.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I just started insanity. I was running for a few weeks before starting and I hoped that would prepare me for all the cardio, but it didn't lol... After insanity I will get back into running but I'm going to stick this out for the full 60 days.

I'm sore and I can't wait for that feeling to go away. A friend of mine said I should only be real sore for about a week.
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #4  

I'm doing day 2 tonight, is anybody with me? If so I'll update with my progress.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

I just finished the first day of Insanity today, and whilst it was incredibly hard, I really enjoyed myself. I was so out of breath, extremely red in the face and needed two bottles of water, but I kept going. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, though I hope I'm not too sore!
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #6  

Just finished day 3. I feel like I've really been slacking in the workouts but I'm sore and sweaty and out of breath when I'm done so its gotta be better than no workout at all... definitely weighing heavy on the scale this morning also.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/175/135

Height: 5'7

Default Just started Insanity as well

Hi!

I'm glad I am not alone on the insanity workouts! I started Saturday February 25th -- so I think I am just a couple days ahead of you tonimaroni2. I started on the Saturday so that Fridays would be my rest day and I could sleep in

So I finished the first week, and today was my first rest day. I was super sore for the first part of the week, and each day I was a little less sore. The warm up really helps get me ready for the workout, and I am not sore while I am warmed up. The real pain starts to happen when I am sitting at my desk and I need to go up and down stairs -- I can't believe how much quad work there is... I feel like I've done a bazillion squats. My calf's are also super sore, but the rest of me is just fine.

I really like the workouts as well - I think the time goes by really fast. I've been doing the workouts before I go to work and they help energize me for the day.

I'll try to keep posting so we can motivate each other -- its only 60 days!! (53 days left for me )

Last edited by Looking4PotOfGold; 02-28-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Looking4PotOfGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Thank you all for your kind support and taking the time to reply

If there's one piece of advice I can offer about Insanity workouts it's to use some kind of Isotonic drink. I use Lucozade sport Isotonic and I didn't realise just how much it helps until I did a workout with just water. The difference in my mental ability as well as my physical ability was astounding - on just water I seriously struggled.
The first months workout was really hard for us and the recovery week is needed. The second month is a whole other level and you'll feel like day 1 all over again BUT it's fantastic. Shaun T is so right when he says there's something great in loving that pool of sweat lol.
Also you may find that you put some weight on in the first couple of weeks. If you do please don't panic, apparantly it's perfectly normal and is something to do with your new muscles retaining water. It's temporary and you'll soon be losing.

Konablue I will be doing T25 after Insanity

Tonimoroni2 you won't be sore for long However you may find that soreness returns in month 2 simply because the new workouts are another level. My daughter and I were in quite some pain at the beginning of the week lol but hey it's just the fat burning away lol.
LoopyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #9  

Ok I had a setback. My cousin had a baby so I spent all Thursday and Friday with her at the hospital, then caught up on sleep on Saturday. THEN I had to go to canada with my husband to see his mom in the hospital. I've had enough of hospitals. Kind of lost my motivation, I'll start again tonight, not at the beginning just at the workout I left off with. I'll have to repeat the soreness again, but I'm ok with that. It's the very highest part of my calves that always hurt the worst!!

I also find that I can't drink anything during the workouts because it gets all shaken up inside my stomach and gives me a side ache!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #10  

I've had to restart Insanity, so I'm back to the first day tomorrow. The Fit Test. I'm excited to restart, and really determined. Last week was just way to hectic to start
Old 03-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #11  

Default Glad I am not alone

Hi,

I am glad I am not alone!! I skipped two workouts because I chose to be lazy one day - not a good decision, and to get an extra hour of sleep the next day -- I thought this was a good decision (need to be able to stay alert at work).

I felt really good doing the 7th workout (which was the first workout I did after the one day of rest) -- I even wanted to go for a run afterwards, but I did not have time to do that. Maybe next weekend after the fit test I will feel motivation again to get some km under my belt.

A co-worker of mine asks me everyday how my workout went that morning (I asked her to keep asking me -- so I can stay accountable) -- so that actually helps keep me motivated.

I picked up on the workouts I was supposed to do, rather than starting where I left off.. Hope this is the right thing to do.. but I really want to keep my rest days on Fridays. My second fit test is on Sunday, and I already feel like I can make improvements on my initial scores!!

Keep up the good work ladies!! My sister's quote that she used to get her through this program was "Winners do things losers don't want to" -- so I am keeping that in mind when my alarm clock goes off in the morning

Ciao for now!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #12  

I'm doing Pure Cardio tonight. Haven't done that workout yet, how is it? I took a few more days off, but still ran on the treadmill those days so I don't feel bad about it. I'll just keep up with insanity as much/often as I can. Still completely dread the workouts. :/ I also can't do any of the push-ups! I have spaghetti arms...
Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimaroni2 View Post
I'm doing Pure Cardio tonight. Haven't done that workout yet, how is it?

I also can't do any of the push-ups! I have spaghetti arms...
Hey -- Pure cardio is probably my least favorite... sorry. The best thing about it is that it is short! lol

It seems long though because there aren't many rest periods, but you can see most of the people in the video need lots of breaks, so I made some of my own breaks... by that I mean I tried really hard for a least half of the time allotment, and/or I would just modify the exercise (i.e. not jump so much, but make sure I was still bringing my knee up) etc.

I can't do the push-ups either... I do the modified push-ups (from the knees).. but I make sure I do them correctly... hoping that my body will eventually be able to do the full push-ups!!

I dread the work-outs too sometimes, but I absolutely know that I dread it even more if I miss one!! so that helps keep me motivated

Good Luck!!

Oh and BTW, on day 16, you have to do pure cardio and cardio abs back to back (two separate videos)... I didn't know that and I didn't allot enough time for my workout in the morning... so hopefully you don't make the same mistake I did!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #14  

So, as you may have read above, I had to restart Insanity. I'm really, really enjoying it. It is seriously the hardest thing I have ever put my body through, but I always feel so damn proud of myself once I have finished. I can't do all of the exercises, so I modify them to suit me but I'm still sweating like a pig!

Day 1 - Fit Test: I did better then I thought I would, but I can still improve tremendously. I am actually very proud of my results and I cannot wait to see how I do on the next Fit Test.

Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit: Now, this was hard. Halfway through I was thinking 'why the **** am I doing this?!' but I pushed myself and kept going.

Day 3 - Cardio Power and Resistance: This was much harder for me then yesterday's workout, but it was actually my favourite! I loved how hard it pushed me and I really enjoyed the exercises. Cannot wait to do this again!

Day 4 today, I will post again later on!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #15  

Day 4 - Cardio Recovery: This was definitely not my favourite workout. I really enjoy the ones that involve heaps of movements, so I didn't really like the slowness of this one. However, it was a great way to have a break in the middle