Old 02-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #1  
Time for Change!

S/C/G: 160/159/125

Height: 5'5"

Default stuffed on empty??

Okay, I am not quite sure what happened. I was cruisin on down the line toward my weight loss goal, and suddenly, as of the last two days, I have absolutely no appetite at all! what's worse is I have that feeling you get when you ate entirely too many plates at the local buffet! AND... I gained 1.5 lbs back! I literally had to force myself to try to eat yesterday, because I know what not eating at all can do to my metabolism.... but here was my diet yesterday- (trying to figure out what has triggered this)
2 cups of coffee with 1 tsp half and half for each
5000 iu vitamin D3,
multivitamin
10,000 mg Biotin
omega 3
B-12
Garcenia cambogia (because it helps my mood- not so much for weight loss)
1/4 cup sunflower seed kernals
16 oz water with 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
16 oz water-plain
1/2 avocado-plain
1/2 cup canned spinach with cheddar cheese
16 oz water-plain
3-4 bites of scallops with onions and peppers-(couldnt force myself to finish my serving)
2 glasses red wine

I am puffed up and swollen (my wedding ring is tight), and I noticed the puffiness starting before supper last night. It is noon here, and I haven't eaten anything at all, just drank coffee all morning, and I STILL feel like I just overstuffed myself! I'm not adding a bunch of salt to anything, and I am drinking plenty of water. Any suggestions?
AbnormallyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:55 AM   #2  
Time for Change!

ooorrrrr not? hmmm. 82 views and no responses. I guess i am on my own then. just some added info- had two cups of coffee with 1 tsp of half and half, ate 1/4 cup almonds, drank plain water ALL DAY LONG, and had about half a cup of salad and half a pure beef patty for supper. I am not even taking in 1000 calories, and almost no carbs... and I am burning through walking and strength training... wth? Still not hungry but the scale isn't budging either. AM I BREATHING IN THE CALORIES?? WHERE IS THIS FLUFF COMING FROM??
Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #3  
Time for Change!

Tomorrow, I am hitting it even harder- something has to snap here. I am taking my 80 lb dog for a run (or he will take me more likely).. back to 45 min of taebo... and less than 20 carbs (again). I've been fighting this for more than a year. NEVER had a problem losing weight before..in my whole entire life. I just feel like curling up in a ball and crying for a few days. I don't know what is happening to me. I look like an apple... my belly is blooming by the day. I don't even want to cuddle with my husband anymore because I am so embarrassed. (panic attack coming soon) I have only been married two years. this is not what my husband married. although I know he loves me no matter what, I feel like I am letting him down. AND I KNOW I am letting ME down. (starting to wonder about possible health problems?)
Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Do you have diverticulitis ? I know those symptoms happen to 2 of my friends when the eat things like Sunflower seeds. When I take supplements they always backfire for me and cause the exact opposite of what they are supposed to do.
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

I wish I could help, but I don't recall ever feeling stuffed but not having ate much food. Maybe you have some sort of stomach ailment?
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #6  

PMS/hormones frequently cause me to puff up and make me feel emotional. Although I often feel hungrier when I have those issues.

I agree with Betty about the stomach ailment. Last year I spent half a day feeling stuffed after eating my normal breakfast, when I usually feel hungry a couple hours later. I spent the other half of the day clearing out the contents of my stomach in the most unpleasant ways. But since you've been feeling that way for days, I'm guessing it's not the same thing as that.

I think it could be caused by a medical condition, but there are so many possible issues. You should check in with a doctor.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Not trying to be gross here, but are you constipated? That makes me feel bloated and stuffed...have some prunes.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #8  
Time for Change!

thanks everyone for your input! I am still feeling pretty stuffed, but it is a little better. Im not constipated, although things havent been moving as freely as usual either. Even my hands and feet are a little swollen, though, so I am wondering more about water retention for some reason. I don't usually eat a lot of seeds, but have upped my intake in the last week, so I am betting that is the culprit. And admittedly, they are awfully salty, and I am not used to much salt either. Ill cut them out of my daily plan and see what happens. :-)
Old 02-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #9  
Time for Change!

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? I just dropped 3.5 lbs in ONE day!! (must be water weight, but I still feel really puffy and swollen- and my wedding ring is even tighter than before. Oh well, i'd rather lose it in my belly than in my fingers anyhow!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #10  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Amy, how is you blood pressure? Just wondering about the water retention...
I found increasing my water intake (I prolly drink at least 3 liters a day) helped me, but it might be worth a check at the doc if it doesn't go away...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 AM   #11  
Time for Change!

I have a doc appointment Monday to check my BP and have a check up. I usually run really low (80/60) but the last few months I have been in the moderately high range (140-ish/90-ish). I didn't even think about that!

I am trying to up my water intake also. I shoot for 8 8oz glasses/ 4 16oz bottles a day, but sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less. I've always had a problem retaining water, and take water pills sometimes to help.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #12  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hope everything's okay; keep us posted!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote