View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Mrs Snark
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I should preface this by saying, I'm not familiar with the plan you are considering, but here are my thoughts after reading your post:

The tricky part of all this is to find what works specifically for you. And it can be very different than any single program advises. But you can take from each program what you THINK will work, try it out, and modify it as you go.

For instance, jellies and jams are trigger foods for me but sriracha and other salsas are not. Nuts are triggers for me, but natural peanut butter and almond butter are not. Pretty much all breads are triggers for me, except Ezekiel bread. Oddly, I can also eat white tortilla burrito shells with no problem. Go figure.

I also can't count calories, I get extremely stressed and obsessive and begin over-restricting like crazy. But I can keep a hand written food diary just fine (the online tools make me absolutely obsessive). I only discovered these things through trial and error.

Fortunately, you can tailor your program specifically to YOU. It doesn't have to have internal consistency, or work for a single other person, it just has to work for YOU.

The binge eating therapy you describe would absolutely fail for me. Eating every 3 hours -- gah -- I'd constantly be obsessed with food. And I definitely have to cut out certain foods completely. But with the plan I tailored to myself I've had only one binge in the last 315-ish days. And I used to binge eat almost every day.

So my advice to you is to be willing to try different approaches, and if they don't work (after honest assessment) be willing to modify them as necessary.

It is hard work, managing a binge-eating disorder, there is no getting around that. But my experience has been that it does get easier (not EASY, but easier) over time if you can find what works best for you and commit to it.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)

Last edited by Mrs Snark : 02-25-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: bad spelling and typing galore
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote