View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Pattience I don't know if this will be helpful to your sister or not, but I've read the Overfed Head and now reading Overcoming Overeating. I wouldn't call it a method or a diet, it's an anti diet and it requires that you let go of the dieting mentality and releasing yourself from the confines of restriction. It sounds really hard to do but it hasn't been difficult at all - it's not without its challenges but it's the type of challenge that doesn't go against your better judgement. Whereas diets restrict you and make you feel bad for eating, IE does the opposite. You're not battling food anymore. You're not saying to yourself that sugar is bad, or bread is bad, or dressing is bad or anything like that. You're staying tuned into your physical hunger and dealing with the emotions that we associate with hunger instead. IE does not make your problems go away, it just makes you stop eating as a way to deal with them.

I've always liked spinach too, and fruit and veggies and even flax seeds. Liking food was never the problem. I wasn't one of those people who never ate a vegetable. And I always loved exercising too.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote