South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Talking The Wonderful Weekend - Feb. 22 & 23

Good morning. Coffee's on, dogs are back to bed and the barn cat has meowed at the back door for his food. He has a name now - Major Tom. I guess he calls me Ground Control.

Not sure what today will bring but I am going to be nice to myself after a horrible week. I am not even going to open my emails or answer the phone. I may do a little bit of ice removal on the side walk since we will be getting more snow and snow over ice is worse than just plain ice. There has been a pretty big melt and I can now see the BBQ on the back deck and the tops of the chairs out there.

Time for another coffee and then I'll plan ME stuff for today. I may even go to town and finally make it to the hardware store! (I think I still have my list.)

Enjoy your day.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth and watch out for that ice! (I recently celebrated my 1 year anniversary of the driveway fall that resulted in surgery...) Be sure to get your ME time in!!

Not sure what is on my agenda today either. Got the cleaning done yesterday, and assembled a new storage shelf for the laundry room so that is a nice accomplishment. Maybe today will be a cooking day: I need some more PB muffins and cheesecakes to get through the work week.

Other than that it is nice to see February wrapping up and the days getting longer. At the risk of repeating myself, I'm really excited for spring!!

Enjoy the last Saturday of the month, chicks.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The ice is awful around here too. We weren't sure we would get out of the driveway this morning. I hate using so much salt this close to the river but we didn't have much choice. Looking forward to a sunny day in the 40s today

Ruth - Sounds like a perfect day for tea, reading, a nap with dogs, and then a relaxing dinner at home.

Beth - I love the extra daylight! It wasn't even pitch black at 5:30 this morning. Now if we could just keep the temps in double digits.

It's a chore weekend around here. I'd rather be outside but I do have alot to do today. Maybe I'll bribe myself - get a lot done this morning, walk this afternoon, as long as I can find someplace without mud.

Here comes the sun
Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. The ice is bad around here this morning, too, and the state police are advising people to stay off the roads until it warms up. It's supposed to climb into the low 60s today, so there should be a huge meltdown. They're talking about snow next week, but hopefully it won't amount to anything.

I'm going to spend this morning cleaning out our file cabinet, and Jake said he'll spend the next few days shredding everything and adding it to the compost pile. I was told yesterday that I really shouldn't be driving my car since the headlight is busted out, so I have a good excuse to stay home. I went over Dad's yesterday and took care of all his business, so he's good for the next few days.

I had a tummy bug yesterday afternoon and couldn't face making the Cauliflower Crust Calzones, so they're on the menu for tonight's supper, and I may make that Peanut Butter Pie for dessert for tomorrow since Monica and Carley will be here for dinner.

Enjoy your day, Chickies, and be very careful with this ice!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It is an absolutely beautiful morning out - the birds are quite noisy, do they think spring is coming?!?

I am off for a full but short day of work...
Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We have one more mild day here before we head back to "normal" winter temps. But no precipitation in the forecast.

I'm working the closing shift tonight and tomorrow my mom and I are seeing a play matinee at a local theater. I have a new book to start and will get some cardio in. A new recipe to try, too, which I think I'll go check now to see if I can get motivated to make it for lunch today.

Have a great weekend, chicks.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is shining and we are going to be close to 60 degrees today before the temps drop for the rest of the upcoming week.

Already did Physical Therapy this morning and I think we are going to go watch the Polar Plunge today. I have gotten myself a major head cold going on as well.

I will do the cleaning tomorrow when it is cold outside again so going to go enjoy my day.

Stay safe everyone that has ice this morning.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sneaking in a post while I cover the desk. Dragging my butt out of bed is becoming quite challenging. TOM lately makes me exhausted!!! But amazingly enough I did not gain before/during like I normally do. I'll take feeling tired over a gain any day lol.

Sounds like everyone is enjoying this beautiful day
Old 02-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It was above freezing when the sun was waking up this morning! I'm so ready to be through this last week of February!

We ended up going to an ice carving competition yesterday, but there was a strong wind that made it too cold and uncomfortable, and we left before it was over. I did get about 1/2 way through cleaning out the file cabinet, and finally made those cauliflower crust calzones, so the day was productive. The calzones were delicious, by the way, and very easy to make.

My DD and DGD are coming today after church to spend the day, and I'm going to make lasagna for dinner, and I'll pull out a piece of kale lasagna from the freezer for me. I may make the Peanut Butter Pie recipe from Chocolatecoveredkatie for dessert if I have time.

So that's my plan for today. What's everyone else up to?
Old 02-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. It's our last sunny day for while and the temp will not get above freezing. Back into the deep cold tomorrow.

I have my coffee and am going to turn on the TV - I've never done that in the morning - and actually watch my Canadians beat the skates off the "other" team.

See y'all later.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LoL, Ruth, enjoy the game! No fair, you know the ending .

Cottage, that cauliflower calzone is intriguing. It's one of those I know I'd be the only one eating, so do I do it differently for myself? That ice carving would've been fun, too bad the weather didn't cooperate.

Yesterday was quite busy at work (and a bit depressing ), and then I convinced myself to go on a run, which I was proud of. But dang I was sure wiped out last night! Today we have church, and then the normal house maintenance stuff. Menus, shopping, etc.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Chilly but sunny here, and yes, we are about to go back to sub-zero lows this week. Will spring come sometime?

Yesterday was a marathon morning in the kitchen and I now have 2 weeks worth of breakfasts for DH and I: a dozen each of Dr. A's veggie quiches, PB muffins, Pumpkin Cranberry muffins (with almond flour) and a few of Kayln's egg muffins for DH who doesn't like spinach in his. I also made a 1/2 batch of cheesecakes (yield of 18) for breakfast, snacks or dessert. I have my "get it out of the freezer" priority list and will soon go to the store to pick up a few produce and dairy items. When you use the mixer, the blender AND the food processor in the same morning you've been busy!

Ruth, enjoy the game! I know my boys have been watching.

Cottage, the next town over had a winter carnival and the ice sculptures are really impressive. We had crazy wind yesterday as well. Enjoy your company today.

Tammy, I hear you on those "if I'm the only one eating it is it worth the bother?" items. DH is pretty adventurous but there's a few things he won't eat.

Ok, need to go to the store before the crowds. Have a great day all!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm extra tired and so tempted to go back to bed this morning. Don't know why but I just didn't sleep all that well last night.
We visited friends last night and I tried Elana's Orange cake. It was really amazing and now I want to make one for home. Someone in the comments tried it with lemons so I want to try that too.

I'm getting some lists started and hope that motivates me

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-23-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I've been to the project and am headed back. I miss you all....but I'm counting down the days....6 days until my tenant is in and I am G O N E!

Take care!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Just got this from my photographer friend. Black dogs are tricky to photograph but she did a great job.
Closed Thread