General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried the Dukan Diet?

Thinking about trying this and wondered if anyone has tried it and had any success. Appreciate any help and pointers that anyone can give me. Need to lose approx 25#. Thanks
shabbyvintagelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #2  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

I successfully did the program losing over 30kg and maintaining the weight loss for almost a year now.

For me it was an easy diet to follow as most of the allowed foods were what I would crave for on other plans (dairy, steak etc) and I've never had a hard time giving up sugars and flour before. I had to adda lot in the way of fresh vegetables to my diet in order to keep with the alternating days. The idea of eating to my natural hunger levels also appealed. No limits on amounts worked well for me and saw my eating fall to natural levels early on.

Others find it hard and it is in many ways restrictive and for some there may be difficulties. But the high protein, low carb option which Dukan represents was a match for my specific needs at the time.

Tips. If you have any hunger or cravings while doing the program .. Eat!

The allowed list is the allowed list! Simple!

Understand the process by which this diet works (ketosis) which is s recommendation for any diet someone starts. Don't do it just because it worked for someone else. Do it because the foods appeal to you and it makes sense to you. Or you won't stick to it.

Explore the recipes out there for using the oat bran. It keeps the side effects of the diet at bay (regular fibre)

Have supportive people around you.

There is a dukan thread on 3FC, though it is very slow, but there are active forums around for support if you want.

Follow the rules, but remember that while off plan will slow you from achieving your goals, it's not the end of the world. Just get back on plan as soon as you can. Guilt equals eating for many of us.

Eat! This diet really works best if you eat when you feel hungry and stop when you don't. It has that freedom for you and it helps keep the feelings of being deprived at bay.

Results will vary, but it did work well for me and repave me the chance to change my relationship with food to something much more natural and intuitive, I am fit and active (do the walking, it is enough on it's own while losing weight. You can do more if you want but it doesn't make a big difference)

check your bloods with a GP, as you lose weight, your body will release stored cholesterol (any diet that causes fat loss will do the same, including low fat diets) and this needs to be monitored. It should drop back to normal after you maintain your lowered weight for about 4-6 weeks.

I hope it works for you as well it has for me.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Default Success on Dukan.

I am another successful Dukaner. I love the Dukan diet. I started in the fall of 2012, lost 55 lbs, gained a bit back, but have been maintaining steadily October 2013. I highly recommend the diet.

Jen is right about the fact that the Dukan thread on this site doesn't get much action. You can go to Go to a forum called "Dukaners" if you want a really active support website. (Do not know if I'm allowed to mention Dukaners on here, but it's so active and supportive I thought I'd let you know.

Good luck!
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I lost my first 25 lbs on the Dukan diet!!

I still keep up with parts of it, and I really owe it a lot for giving me the boost I needed, and really seeing I could actually lose weight. If you're diligent with it (I was NOT! lol) it works well! I'd definitely give it a go!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:45 AM   #5  
Jenn

Val, I didn't realize you were posting on 3FC as well.

I found here before I found Dukaners and still lurk on occasion.

Someone on here already had my usual username!
Old 02-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

What is the Dukan diet, please?

Blessings!
McSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #7  
Jenn

The Dukan Diet is a high protein diet that allows unlimited amounts of certain foods and food combinations designed to keep the body moving in and out of a state of ketosis.

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/
http://www.mydukandiet.com