View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #23
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It is a windy day today in the 70ís and we are now back from doing some shopping to get the things needed to make a crock pot full of meat and veggies to make burritos with. I cut into strips red, yellow & green bell peppers and a handful of Serrano chiliesí along with an onion cut in large pieces. I trimmed the chuck roast of fat and cut slits in it and inserted pieces of sliced garlic then cut it up in chunks and placed it into the Crock-pot. I poured a couple of cans of beef broth in the pot and filled it up with the veggies. We will probably be having a late dinner for I didnít get it all in the pot until after 3.

We went to Wal-Mart for a few things to make the meal this afternoon and I stayed in the Jeep and watched the sky and people. The clear sky was beautiful with little fluffy white clouds one minute and then in a real quick time they were dark and the sky was covered with darkness. People were getting out of their cars and running to the doors of the store hanging tightly on little kids hands. No rain came but lots of wind was there. What was neat that the folks were all smiling and laughing as they ran. I only observed one grump and he was parked next to the Jeep. He was FAT ~ I mean really huge and had one of those breathing canisters hooked over his shoulder with tubes going up his nose and he was spewing bad words out of his mouth. Definitely not a happy camper. But he was the only one that wasnít smiling and that tells a lot about this area. Folks on the most part are good natured. OH and the clouds left as quickly as they came and the sky was once again blue for the dark clouds had been blown to a different area. However, the winds were still blowing and rocking the Jeep.

JEAN I didn't hear a peep out of any dogs last night and slept the night through without waking up once. I was still in the position I went to sleep in when I woke up to greet this day. Does you hubby have a hula outfit? Hope you take pictures of him doing the hula.

DONNA FAYE I sure like Jean's idea about moving a mattress. Certainly a back saver doing it that way. I am sure you will be so glad to get that room for what you need to use if for now. We moved a king sized bet in our van ~ but maybe it was bigger than the one they are going to use to haul it. Vans come in so many sizes these days. Ours seated 15 people which was great to haul our little ball players to out of town games.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote