View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
diamondgeog

From Dr. Weil,

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA40126...of-Coffee.html

I just found grass fed butter in my area from Kalona farms. Definitely trying this.

As part of the article "Unfortunately, a misguided campaign against saturated fat (loosely defined as fat that remains solid at room temperature) waged in the U.S. since the late 1970s has left many Americans skittish about butter; they have been repeatedly warned that it 'clogs arteries." This notion was based on shaky research that, in my view, has now been refuted. A large-scale meta-analysis published in the March, 2010 issue the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found "no significant evidence" that dietary saturated fat is associated with increased heart disease risk. Still, I'm not comfortable telling people to eat it with abandon."

Fair enough. He might not be where I am and I am still not eating it with abandon. But glad he is keeping an open mind. Again when people eat lard and butter there was virtually zero heart disease. And yes people did live into their 70s, 80s, and 90s. And they were NOT dying of heart disease.

I would think that would give any person cause to at minimum do more research on saturated fats. But as soon as Crisco came on the seen, and industrial cotton oil product, our collective health started going kaput.

BTW Crisco and margarine to me are two of the worst and most harmful Frankenfoods ever created. They are manufactured industrial products that may be saturated. But they have NOTHING in common with good coconut oil and grass fed butter. I wouldn't touch margarine even if I was paid $2,000 a month to use it.

Last edited by diamondgeog : 02-20-2014 at 12:08 PM.