View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #18
gma22

Good morning to you gals. It is still lovely here but we are supposed to get a lot of rain today. It was supposed to rain last night, but we didn't seem to get a drop. The farmers will be happy though since we have gotten steady on and off rain without flooding.

I should get my shawl yarn today and can start on it. I put aside my long cowl and will work on it after I get the sweater and this wrap done. This is the yarn and the shawl pattern. Susan, this is from a quilt pattern originally called the knit and purl quilt pattern. The shawl will of course not look like this but be varigated color not sections of stripes, but this is what the pattern will look like. I included the dress I bought to wear for formal nights. They make the dresses for your measurements and I bought the one with sleeves and the square neck, but not the long sleeve, 3/4 length sleeve.

My sweet boy got into the gifted optional high school program he wanted. There were 3000 applicants and they took the top 225. I can't believe Thomas starts high school next year. I am sure this program will be a nice challenge for him. His granddad and I are taking he and his parents out to celebrate at the restaurant of his choice the end of the month.

Sounds like Jay and Alicia are having a wonderful time in Mexico. They come home the first of next week more than likely to still a bunch of snow there. They wanted to go at Christmas but tickets were outrageous I guess.

Maggie: Just keep plodding along the weight will start coming off again. I am reading L.A. Requeim at the moment and one that Joe Pike is the main character in, which the name escapes me.

Susan: Sounds like you are busy quilting again or shall I say still? We want to get a new car the end of 2016 then I will have a car to do what I want in and Jack can use the Mariner to drive back and forth to work in. The Mariner is paid off the end of this year, which will be nice to have that extra money. We will use it to start getting some of the improvements that are small started on the condo like new storm doors for one.

Jean: We saw a couple dolphins on the cruise last year. They were following the ship. They are so cute. I can just imagine how gorgeous the foliage and flowers are there if it is green. Do they have a lot of bug problems with it being tropical??? You keep on having fun!

Well gals need to check my blood sugar, take meds and get breakfast in that order. Have a great day today. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mistymorn.jpg (33.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg knitpurlshawl.jpg (94.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg purplepaisley.jpg (40.5 KB, 7 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote