View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #97
Dottington

S/C/G: 200/135.6/125

Height: 5'6

Rie-So glad you and your bf are doing better That's so cute about the kitty! Yeah I agree it'd be great if we could get some more people into the challenge. Maybe changing the title saying people are welcome to join at anytime or something like that?

Silver-So many steps! Gosh you are so active at your job and that's so brilliant getting your squats in whenever you can! I really admire how active you are. Glad you were able to find a way to squat without being in so much pain!

Kailpea-Yay! Great job sticking with it Your salad sounds delish!

Concert was a success! Got a standing ovation and two bouquets of flowers! After I went out with some friends to a bar and had two drinks. Then just ate junk and watched cartoons all day yesterday! hahaha I haven't had a real day off in so long it was a little surreal. I really did eat sooo much junk. After the holiday weekend and the concert the scale is up 4lbs I'm back on track today though and even though I ate too much I still kept to my 5 servings of fruit and veggie goal Thinking of going on a little hike before class today.

I have a few pics from the concert I'm attaching. There's me by myself, me with my teacher, with the conductor, and with my mom and sister. I wore my magical purple dress and I had my best friend do my hair. She meticulously curled it(my hair is super fine and straight and took her two hours to curl it!) then she put it in a low bun. It was a nice change bc usually I just do a ballerina bun and this was a lot softer. People thought I got my hair professionally done actually. Then I did my own makeup. I did a purple smokey eye with fake lashes and regular stage makeup(with all the contouring and highlighting) for my face. Did my toes and had glitter body spray all over my arms, chest, back, and face. There was a decent turn out. Probably the most anyone has seen for an orchestra concert. Afterwards I was swarmed by people and many told me they almost started crying during my piece(including my bf!). My bf's mom came and I was so glad she did bc his family hasn't really respected me or what I do and I knew if I could just get them to see me play they would get it(they say being a pianist isn't a "real job" and don't take anything in the arts seriously) and yeah totally changed her mind on piano
Now I've got 6 weeks off till my next performance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1404.jpg (27.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1405.jpg (19.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1406.jpg (36.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1409.jpg (40.4 KB, 19 views)